Post: Teacher of Maths with responsibility for KS5
Start Date: January 2021
Contract: Permanent - TLR : 2b
Salary Range: Teachers’ Pay Scale (Main or Upper)
“I have never worked in a school with such a community feel, which is built on amazing relationships from the top down.” (Ashley, Head of Year 7)
Harrow High School is a vibrant, diverse 11-18 school in North West London which consistently achieves excellent rates of progress for all our learners from Key Stage three through to the Sixth Form.
We are committed to providing a safe, caring environment for all in our community and demand the highest standards of behaviour from all our learners. This provides staff with the opportunity to teach excellent lessons with a focus on providing the highest levels of stretch and challenge for all learners.
But really you want to know why you should choose Harrow High School over all the other schools? Well………….
• We are in a fantastic location for transport links which means staff have the opportunity to live all over London as well as the commuter belt still with realistic travel times plus more than ample staff parking so parking every morning is never a worry.
• We are committed to a constant programme of teacher development based on a comprehensive and exciting programme of CPD including a commitment to provide coaching for all staff to help them hone their practice.
• We believe strongly in a work life balance and know that enjoying your work is the most important part of well-being. This is of the highest importance to us.
• We set aside time every week for dedicated joint faculty lesson planning, and have implemented an assessment policy that meets the needs of learners whilst being sensitive to the time demands faced by staff.
• We offer flexible working practices where possible and a well-being day for all staff as well as an individual wellbeing day to be taken as and when wanted.
• We have a culture of approachability from the management means support, support, support is key to issues both in and out of school life.
But don’t take our word for it. This is what staff have to say:
“I initially wanted to work here because of the location and the school’s reputation for looking after their staff. There are so many reasons to stay from the friendly learners who say good morning in the corridors and who are really eager to learn to the supportive and approachable staff and SLT”
(Sarah, Science Teacher)
“What I immediately noticed about Harrow High was the warm atmosphere between colleagues. Due to the size of the school and the ethos you are made to feel immediately welcome. I have a lot of responsibilities out of school such as being a parent governor at a local primary school and a father to 4 children. Harrow High have always been understanding of the demands on my time. The very low staff turnover is a testimony in itself”. (Faisal, Chemistry Teacher)
“When a new member of staff joins Harrow High School, one of the first things they will always comment on is the learners. They are dedicated, kind, respectful and always put a smile on my face. That’s personally, the thing I look for most in a school, the other staff members, opportunities available and structure of the school are an extra added bonus which contribute to a really happy working environment” (Ashley, Head of Year 7)
“Senior leaders are very approachable and open to feedback about the school’s direction.
We have exceptionally high expectations of all our learners in all that they do and believe that disadvantage or low prior attainment should not act as a barrier to success. We are committed to our ‘4 excellences’ which are at the heart of everything we do and every conversation we have. These are;
• Excellent Learning & Progress
Challenge and engagement, meeting and exceeding targets
• Excellent Aspirations
Quality progression, passion for learning
• Excellent Behaviour, Safety and Care for each other
Respectful challenge, showing empathy
• Excellent Communication
Understanding each other, clarity of purpose
As a result of our commitment to these beliefs, the school is continually improving and as a result, Progress 8 is consistently good. The Sixth Form is also incredibly successful and for the past 3 years have achieved ALPS grades of 2 (top 10% nationally) for A Levels and BTEC courses. The Maths department is very successful and has excellent take up of its wide range of post-16 courses. These values also ensure we are committed to a constant programme of teacher development and teacher-led research and we offer a comprehensive and exciting programme of CPD which ensures that all our staff are able to make rapid progress in their careers. Some of this programme is offered in conjunction with the Harrow Collegiate Teaching School Alliance
Harrow High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.