Pimlico Academy is seeking an outstanding Maths teacher to join their team in September 2021. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, expert Maths Teacher, with scope for development and progression.
You will be teaching alongside talented mathematicians, delivering lessons to a consistently high standard and contributing to excellent results within the department.
There will also be an opportunity for additional responsibility as a Head of Year. Please indicate your interest when completing the online application form.
WHO YOU ARE
You will have the ability to inspire young people, instilling a love of mathematics both as an academic subject and applying it to the world around them. You will be a tireless advocate for your subject and forward thinking in your approaches to development, change and improvement; we are developing an academic culture where the highest standards are expected of staff and students in line with the Future Academies belief system.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
• A strong academic record with a 2:1 degree or above from a leading university in mathematics
• Great passion for your subject with high cultural literacy to deliver sophisticated lessons and continue to raise teaching standards within mathematics
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• The ambition and determination we expect from all of our staff to continue striving for excellence
• The enthusiasm and energy required to work with the children and young people in our schools
• An unwavering belief in the power of education to change lives, as per our trust’s motto, libertas per cultum (freedom through education). We expect all teachers to share in, and feel empowered by, this concept
WHO WE ARE
Pimlico Academy is an outstanding state-funded secondary school based in the heart of Westminster and Future Academies’ flagship secondary. Future Academies is a Multi-Academy Trust which includes three primary schools and seven secondary schools in and around London and Hertfordshire. We are motivated by a mission of social change and reducing educational inequality. We are unique in our approach to a knowledge-rich curriculum; our school motto is Libertas per cultum (Freedom through education), and in our strong emphasis on raising young people’s aspirations and outcomes through the teaching of classical and traditional subjects. Our children and young people study a bespoke curriculum developed by researchers at our Curriculum Centre, which places a focus on developing their cultural literacy and their awareness of the forces, words and events that have shaped our society today.
• The chance to make a difference to children’s and young people’s lives.Future Academies is of the belief that all children have the right to enriching education through a knowledge-rich and child-centric approach: our teachers can therefore make a dramatic impact on the lives of these children.
• Fast career progression.Because knowledge and intelligence, rather than length of service, are lauded and rewarded at Future Academies, teachers and support staff can quickly take up great responsibility, adding to their already exceptional experience and knowledge, joining the SLT or writing for the Trust’s Curriculum Centre, where our in-house textbooks are produced.
• Excellent CPD.The Trust is knowledge-centric and encourages CPD at all levels with excellent opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust. This includes Leadership Development opportunities.
• Knowledge-rich staff team. You will be working with a supportive leadership team, cohesive staff body, and very purposeful environment with excellent resources. Being part of a Trust of schools enables you to share knowledge across a wider range of educational professionals.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying to the post of Maths Teacher at Pimlico Academy, please click on “Fast Apply” to complete an online application form. Deadline for applications is 12pm Monday 10th May. Future Academies reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the advert closing date so it is strongly recommended that you apply for the role well in advance of the advert end date.
Alternatively, if this role is not quite what you are looking for, feel free to browse through our Trust wide vacancies and register your details to our Talent Pool which can both be found on our website under “Current Vacancies”.
We look forward to receiving your application.