We’re looking for a supportive and inspiring, part-time Maths Teacher for two days per week, for students re-taking GCSE and Functional Skills. There is the opportunity to take on personal one-to-one tuition sessions from boomsatsuma College students who receive additional lessons as part of their funding.
boomsatsuma are doing education differently; closing the gap between creative courses and creative industries by providing realistic training with real briefs and real clients. We're an independent education provider in Bristol offering college courses and degrees in creative media. Our course leaders are real practitioners dedicated to their fields, and to the development of a talented and diverse workforce.
Closing date: 12pm / Friday 14 January, 2022
Proposed interviews date: TBC
(Interviews will be held in-person, depending on COVID restrictions)
Start date: Monday 28 February, 2022
Salary: £13,150 (FTE £26,300)
What we're looking for:
- A very good understanding of the current AQA GCSE specification
- QTS or a relevant qualification
- Understanding of AQA Functional Skills
- Excellent communicator with the ability to motivate and engage students
- Planning and consistent delivery of high-quality lessons and marking
- Ability to establish high expectations for attainment and classroom behaviour
- Flexibility and versatility
- Delivery of resit examinations in the autumn and summer terms, with necessary data tracking and reporting
- This role requires travel between the locations of boomsatsuma College education centres in Bristol (inc. Engine Shed, Ashton Gate Stadium, The Bottle Yard Studios and Bristol School of Acting).
What you'll be doing:
- Manage and deliver Maths teaching across the boomsatsuma sites inclusive of the GCSE and Functional Skills curricula
- Maintain the timetable and any variations across the academic year
- Liaise with teachers, students and parents regarding attendance, timetables and exam arrangements
- Work with the Attendance and Engagement Coordinator and SENCO to support students with barriers or additional needs
- Work towards resit examinations across the academic year - with necessary data tracking and reporting
- Report to Curriculum Lead
boomsatsuma understands that diversity inspires progress and innovation. We are dedicated to broadening representation within our staff and students and we encourage applications from all backgrounds.
boomsatsuma is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo pre-employment checks including enhanced DBS and two satisfactory references. The person undertaking this role is expected to work within the policies, ethos and aims of boomsatsuma and CLF, and to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Directors.
The above responsibilities are subject to the general duties and responsibilities contained in the Staff Handbook.
The duties of this post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or level of responsibility entailed. The post holder will be subject to performance objectives agreed annually with your line manager and these objectives will be reviewed annually.