Fixed term until 21st July 2021, 37 hours per week term time only, to start as soon as possible
VTG9, SP26-29 starting salary £25,012 per annum, pro rata (actual starting salary £21,393 per annum) plus Health Care Cash Plan and Benefits Package
Merchants’ Academy is an all age Academy based in Withywood, Bristol with students from Nursery through to Sixth Form. Merchants’ Academy is part of Venturers Trust which is sponsored by the Society of Merchant Venturers together with the University of Bristol. The Trust comprises Primary, Secondary, all-age schools and a Special school with 3,500 pupils and 700 staff. The Academy provides an exceptional environment for students and staff.
We looking to recruit a hardworking and enthusiastic Maths Tutor to deliver an effective, high quality Maths support service through working closely with students on barriers to learning, leading to improved outcomes, greater autonomy and independence. We are seeking a dedicated individual who is caring and assertive and has a passion for helping young people and who is committed to raising the attainment and aspiration of our students.
The successful candidate will have:
• Been educated to a high standard with a minimum GCSE grade C in English and mathematics (or equivalent qualifications) or NVQ Level 2 (or by test).
• Training in relevant learning strategies, e.g. literacy.
• Experience of the delivery of Maths support or coaching or related service to this role.
• Experience of relevant learning programmes/strategies/codes of practice.
• Understanding of relevant policies/ codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation.
In return you will join a wonderful team and have every opportunity to further your professional development and career with an excellent benefit package including; Wellbeing Health Cash Plan, Retail Discounts, ICT Loans, Professional Induction Incentive plus others.
Closing date: Wednesday 3rd March 2021 at 9:00. Interviews: TBC
Merchants' Academy is part of Venturers Trust and is committed to
equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS
check is required for all staff.