Would you like to join us on our journey to become an outstanding school of first choice at the heart of our local community? Do you care enough to want to make a significant difference to the lives of our amazing students? If so, we would love to offer you the exciting opportunity to join our highly dedicated staff as an inspiring and highly motivated specialist teacher of Creative iMedia and Digital Skills.
Creative iMedia is a popular subject at Key Stage 4 with students studying for the OCR Cambridge National qualification. Digital skills is taught at Key Stage 3 in Years 7 and 8, to prepare students with the necessary tools to use ICT confidently to support their learning across all subjects. Currently, we do not offer Computer Science at GCSE however, this is something we would like to develop with the right candidate. Creative iMedia currently sits as part of the English Faculty though there is potential for all of these related subjects to become an integrated Faculty.
We are a rapidly improving school, as recognised by Ofsted in November 2018, with good leadership and management and an excellent behaviour policy. In our school students are ready to learn and ‘low level disruption is rare’. We pride ourselves on being an ‘academy of opportunity’ for all with excellent relationships between staff and students. As a member of staff you will be highly valued and will be supported to flourish within the academy. I-Media is a well-regarded subject within the academy and has had strong results in recent years.
The successful candidate will have a great opportunity to contribute to the development of the Media and Digital Skills curriculum so that it inspires, engages and challenges students.
Every member of staff receives bespoke support and development through our in-house coaching programme as well as additional professional development opportunities to promote further progress and career enhancement. We are committed to challenging, supporting and developing staff and students to ‘Aspire to Greatness’ so that we become the best that we can be. In a recent survey 98% of staff said they were proud to be a member of staff at The Dorcan Academy with almost 95% stating that they enjoy working here. 100% said that they support the vision of the academy.
Although we don’t boast a shiny new building, we do have excellent facilities, with a supportive, friendly school culture and ethos which is often commented upon by visitors.
We will offer you:
• A supportive and bespoke staff induction programme
• High quality professional development, including an additional £1000 Bursary to support your CPD if you are an Early Careers teacher (Years 2 – 4)
• Additional non-contact time if you are an Early careers teacher or NQT
• Unrivalled support from the leadership team
• Excellent specialist facilities and resources
• Committed staff who ‘go the extra mile’
• Motivated, enthusiastic students who are ready and eager to learn
• Cycle to work scheme
The Dorcan Academy is an 11-16 academy situated on the eastern edge of Swindon with a comprehensive, challenging and enriching curriculum and a wide range of extra-curricular opportunities. Our vision comprises 5 key outcomes:
1) Exceptional achievement for every student.
2) High quality teaching that inspires and engages minds through an exciting and creative curriculum.
3) An inclusive school where everyone is valued, cared for and nurtured in an extraordinary way.
4) Students stand out as model citizens, aspiring to make a difference to the lives of others through their exemplary behaviour and attitudes.
5) All stakeholders share a culture and vision to strive towards outstanding in all areas.
In addition, we promote five core values of Belonging, Purpose, Aspiration, Perseverance
and Achievement and the personal qualities of Justice, Honesty, Integrity, Confidence,
Responsibility, Independence and Respect.
Closing date: Friday 27th September 2019 at 12 noon
Pay Scale: Main Pay Scale or Upper Pay Scale
- A TLR is available for a suitable candidate
Start Date: January 2019 (with option to start earlier if available)
Permanent Contract available
The Dorcan Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.