At our School we focus on preparing children for life and our School promise is for children to be happy at school and to leave us prepared for their next stage in life as confident independent learners, with high self-esteem and a sense of responsibility and tolerance in all they do. If you believe you can commit to our ethos and vision then we would like to hear from you.
- Monday to Friday (Part Time/Flexible hrs will be considered by agreement)
- Working 52 weeks a year with 25 days holiday (3 days must be used between Christmas and New Year)
- Salary to be negotiated dependent on hrs worked, experience and skills.
Responsible to and Reports to: IT Manger
Remit: To capture important School events through film and share with the whole school, community and others. To work closely with the IT Manager to ensure the smooth running of all IT operations and assisting with repairs. To work as part of the ICT lead and champion team. Teaching ICT to specific classes within the school planning and delivering lessons, monitoring pupil progress and reporting as required.
Roles and Responsibilities
1) To film all major school events - Open Day, Prize givings, Nativities, School plays, assemblies etc
2) To create and edit films that promote the school and its activities, often working to a script or concept idea.
3) To create and edit an end of year film, summing up school activities for inclusion on the school website.
4) To produce a weekly broadcast shown to all parents, children and staff each week.
5) To work closely with the IT Manager to ensure that IT functions within the school run smoothly and efficiently.
6) To monitor and report on the use of all IT equipment ensuring that it is kept in good order and is returned to its home at the end of each day.
7) To work closely with the pupil and IT monitors giving them daily tasks and responsibilities.
8) To assist with School plays and create media as required
9) To think of new ways in which the School can be promoted using media, working closely with the Business Development Manager and Parent Liaison Managers.
10) To work as part of the ICT lead and Champion team, teaching ICT to specific classes within the School, Planning and delivering lessons, monitoring pupil progress and reporting as required.
11) To oversee the use of the radio studio arranging annual pupil training and weekly radio programmes.
12) To look after all media equipment.
13) Any other duties as directed by your reporting Manager and Executive Head.
14) Some evening and weekend work may be required throughout the year to assist with IT essential repairs
15) Monitor and maintain ICT room to its high functioning standard
16) Daily Checks and overall maintenance of all IT equipment, charging, cleaning, clearing jams and replacing toners
1) Ability to manage own workload
2) Excellent communication skills
3) Good problem solving skills
4) Awareness of health, safety, security and hygiene issues
5) A willingness to work flexibly
6) Creative and energetic
7) Good knowledge of filming & editing
8) Completed course on basic computer repairs
Langley Hall Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.