Post Title: Media Tutor
Full/part time: Full Time
Reporting to: Curriculum Manager – Music and Creative Media
Location: Big Creative Academy, Clifton Avenue, Walthamstow, London E17 6HL
Purpose of the role: To teach UAL units within the media curriculum area, delivery of learning programmes, assistance to students and tutorial support.
• Prepare, teach and assess UAL Level 3/Level 2 Media courses
• Provide pastoral support to students
• Plan course delivery in line with study programme requirements
• Arranges, monitors and supervises learners on study programmes, educational visits and field trips.
• Plans and prepares for inspections, SV reports and visits.
• Assesses students, including formative and summative assessments, internal verification and supervision of assessments.
• Maintains and provides records and statistical checks in relation to own teaching and across courses, including enrolment checks, attendance records and the like.
• As part of the course team, the tutor acts as the main point of reference for students in a particular year or course group. The tutor’s role includes:
(a) participation in inducting students
(b) providing educational and welfare guidance
(c) assisting students in preparing individual action plans
(d) following up student absence and tracking their course work
(e) acting as the focal point in the maintenance of student discipline within the context of the Academy student disciplinary procedure
(f) undertaking exit interviews with students
(g) preparing administrative returns and reports as may be needed in relation to students, including destination records
(h) writing student references
(i) completing UCAS and other forms with students
• Participates in activities to publicise courses.
• Assists in planning and developing courses and course materials.
• Participates as a member of one or more course teams in employer liaison (as appropriate), maintaining standards and targets, reviewing and evaluating course provision and joint action planning.
• Provides advice and guidance to prospective students together with interviewing and APL work.
• Participates in student enrolment and induction.
• To plan, manage and ensure the effective deployment of the resource requirements for the services that are the responsibility of the role.
• Promotes and implement all Academy policies, particularly those which refer to health and safety, equality of opportunity, maintaining standards of student behaviour and safeguarding young people and vulnerable adults. Participates in Academy programmes of staff appraisal and continuing professional development.
• Develop effective working relationships internally and with external partners.
• To operate at all times in line with the Academy’s values.
This job description is designed to outline a range of main duties that may be encountered. It is not designed to be an exhaustive listing of tasks and can be varied in consultation with the post holder in order to reflect changes in the job or the organisation.
Big Creative Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.