Medical Well Being Officer
Salary: Initial Salary: Level 3- £19,633 - £21,075 (Pay Award Pending)
Contract: Permanent, Term Time Only, 37 hours per week
Start Date: October 2020
Closing Date for applications: 25th September 9am
Bricknell Primary School is a large school with around 640 pupils on roll, situated in the West of the City of Hull. The school was judged to be outstanding by Ofsted in April 2015. The Local Governing Body are seeking to appoint a Medical Well Being Officer to join our team as we enter an exciting phase in the school’s development. The school has joined The Constellation Trust, which is a Multi-Academy Trust comprising of two secondary schools, seven primary schools and a pupil referral unit. Working in partnership with the Head of School, Deputy Head and the Trust, this is an opportunity to continue the previous success of the school, in building an environment where children feel confident to learn and are happy to attend school.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and caring individual with outstanding interpersonal skills who will take specific responsibility for the day to day medical needs of the pupils within our school. The successful candidate will work closely with children, parents, staff and school nurse to ensure all children’s medical and emotional needs are met.
The successful candidate will:
- have excellent interpersonal skills based on effective communication
- be an experienced First Aider and be willing to undertake further training
- have experience of working with Health Care Plans
- monitor pupils emotional and physical health closely and take action to ensure our pupils are healthy and happy
- have excellent knowledge of how young children learn and develop
- have a clear emotional well-being philosophy
- have a clear understanding of internal and external support and a knowledge of the relevant means of signposting
- have a passion to ensure every child succeeds and reaches their full potential
- monitor provision implemented and track progress to ensure it is effective
- have experience of working alongside external agencies, including the school nursing team
We will offer:
- hard working, enthusiastic pupils who are proud of their school.
- A hard working and enthusiastic staff team who are committed to the children.
- opportunities to work with staff beyond our school.
- high quality support from the Governing Body.
- opportunities to further develop professional skills.
Please contact the school to discuss the role.
Closing date is 9am on Friday 25th September 2020
Bricknell Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.