• Are you passionate about challenging students to achieve their absolute best?
• Are you a graduate of Spanish or French with excellent subject knowledge of both subjects who wants to inspire that passion in young people?
• Would you like the opportunity to develop your teaching career?
We invite applications for a teacher of Spanish and French, able to teach to KS4 (and KS5 in at least one language), to join a friendly and well-resourced department.
Villiers High School is a vibrant, multicultural school located in the heart of the community of Southall in the London Borough of Ealing. We are committed to high standards of teaching and have an innovative approach to education. We place a high value on staff professional learning and it is at the centre of our work. The post holder would join a well-informed and ambitious staff and would benefit from extensive training and development opportunities.
“Leaders set the highest standards for pupils. All groups of pupils make exceptional progress and their behaviour in lessons and around the school is excellent." Ofsted 2019
“Teaching across all year groups and subjects is very effective.” Ofsted 2019
“Pupils’ attitudes to learning are extremely positive. They respond exceptionally well to their teachers’ high expectations.” Ofsted 2019
Full details of the post can be found in the job description and person specification.
• a friendly, supportive and inclusive ethos
• excellent standards in student behaviour
• aspirational students who are willing to learn
• an excellent team of learning support staff and administrative staff
• extensive opportunities for professional learning and promotion
• a great chance to make a real difference to young people's lives in West London
• an excellent teacher
• a person with vision, drive and initiative required to achieve further success
• an enthusiastic, committed and passionate individual, able to motivate and inspire young people and colleagues
• an individual with a 'can do' approach willing to make a significant contribution to the life of the school
How to apply
Application and further details can be obtained by visiting our school website, staff section > vacancies. Please note that the school does not accept CVs. Once completed, please submit your application by email to the HR Manager, Ms Amrit Growan (email address details can be found on the document titled 'advert').
We are more than willing to show you around the school if you wish to arrange a visit. Please contact the HR Manager as per above and a time and date will be arranged at your convenience.
Closing date: Sunday 26th January 2020
Shortlisting and interview - week beginning 27th January 2020
The school is committed to the promotion of equal opportunities and diversity. We have a clear commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. You will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure for the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as Criminals Records Bureau).
Villiers is committed to safeguarding children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The school follows safe recruitment practices to protect children and vulnerable adults. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service check.