Required as soon as possible
Part time 10 hours per week, term time only
Monday-Friday 11.30 a.m. until 1.30 p.m.
Salary Grade A point 1
£3,915 per annum actual salary
Rosslyn Park Primary and Nursery School is looking for a conscientious and reliable cleaner to join our experienced and friendly team. The successful applicant will carry out general cleaning duties to provide a clean, hygienic and safe environment for our children. The post is 2 hours per day term time only, however there may be an opportunity to work additional hours to take the hours to 9.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. on a temporary basis whilst we manage the cleanliness of our site for Covid -19 requirements.
Rosslyn Park Primary and Nursery School is a very large primary school with over 700 pupils. We became an academy with Transform Trust in January 2015. We have a primary focus on ensuring the highest possible standards of teaching and learning for our pupils and were judged to be a good school by Ofsted in November 2017.
Main Responsibilities are:
• To undertake the cleaning of the school buildings using the necessary chemicals and equipment.
• To carry out a range of cleaning duties, including sweeping, vacuum cleaning, floor polishing, dusting, mopping, maintaining sanitary items, etc.
• To comply with legislation, school procedures and safe working practices.
• To assist members of the school cleaning staff with other duties, as required.
• To work on own initiative, unsupervised whist carrying out their duties.
• To have a helpful attitude towards school needs, at all times.
• have a basic understanding of different cleaning methods and equipment.
• be able to be trained to carry out a range of cleaning duties, including using different equipment and materials safely.
• have a basic awareness of Health and Safety.
• value a team working approach and be keen to contribute and share your skills with colleagues
• be able to work on own initiative and to ask for help when required.
• be punctual and reliable
In return we offer:
• A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven
towards continuously raising standards.
• a happy working environment with friendly and well-behaved children,
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
• Calm and purposeful environments
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
• Suitable training, including First Aid, where required.
• Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
Visits to our school are not possible at the moment however if you would like more information please contact Andy Mullahy at Rosslyn Park Primary and Nursery School, Amesbury Circus, Nottingham, NG8 6DD
How to apply
Please download an application form from the Trust website. Any questions or queries and completed application forms should be directed to Andy Mullahy at Rosslyn Park Primary and Nursery School, Amesbury Circus, Nottingham, NG8 6DD
Closing date is Friday 2 October 2020 at 12pm
Interview date is Friday 9 October 2020
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6700 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire and Derby. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
• Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
• Trust support networks
• Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
• Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
• Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film on our Transform Trust website
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training
Rosslyn Park Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.