10 hours per week, 38 weeks
£18,933 (pro rata)
We are seeking to recruit a Midday Manager to work within our Primary School setting.
WHY CONSIDER KIBWORTH COFE PRIMARY SCHOOL:
Kibworth CE Primary School has a clear vision to provide the highest quality of education for all children. All children should achieve their potential, make outstanding progress - with the gaps between groups narrowing - and have opportunities to explore a rich and varied curriculum. As a Church of England school, we promote a strong Christian ethos, nurturing the social and spiritual wellbeing of our children, and ensuring everyone is treated with equal respect and opportunity.
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school
• Good opportunities for personal and career development
• Pension scheme
• Access to employee assistance programme
YOU WILL BE INVOLVED IN:
- Taking instructions from the Head Teacher regarding the situation at lunchtime including any relevant issues relating to individual pupils
- Ensuring reasonable behaviour and safe conduct of pupils, by maintaining good order and discipline, dealing as appropriate (including restraint*) with all incidents of disorder ensuring that any disruption is minimised
- Organising the Midday Supervisors to cover all duties required to meet the needs of the School efficiently and effectively
- Producing activity/sport/games schedules and staffing rotas for midday supervisors
- Ensuring staff are aware of all School policies so that they deal with accidents and problems of discipline in accordance with the policies and assist as necessary
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- Experience of working with children
- Knowledge of Child Protection Procedures and Behaviour management
- An ability to react quickly to events and/or incidents.
- An ability to understand and follow relevant procedures e.g. health and safety, child protection (including issues regarding restraint), school behaviour policy
Closing date for Applications: 4th December 2020 – noon
Interview Date for External Candidates: 7th December 2020
Start Date: 4th January 2021
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification attached to support with your application.
We are committed to safeguarding our pupils; therefore, the successful applicant will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and references.
Discovery Schools Academies Trust Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure form the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service).