Midday Meals Supervisor
Employer: Holcombe Grammar School
Salary: TSAT Grade B £3,628 - £3,814 per annum
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Location: Chatham, Kent
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is in the Top 10 performing Multi Academy Trusts for KS4 progress
“Holcombe Grammar School deliver an inspiring curriculum” – Ofsted April 2018
As Midday Meals Supervisor, you will have the responsibility for the day to day supervision of students during the lunchtime period. A good standard of behaviour is required; it is important that this is maintained throughout the lunch period. The Midday Meals Supervisor must act as the responsible adult with the welfare and health and safety of students in mind. You will support and contribute to the Academy’s responsibility for safeguarding children.
- Organisation of entry into the lunch hall, ensuring a calm atmosphere
- General supervision of students during the meal service
- To organise and supervise the students during their exit from lunch hall
- Promoting and ensuring good behaviour and encouraging good social skills
- Addressing issues calmly and politely and in doing so, being a role model to the students
- Report as appropriate any issues to your line manager (Catering Manager)
- To ensure the safety, and well-being of students, providing support where necessary
- Contribute to the overall ethos, aims and work of the School
- To understand and comply with the School's child protection guidelines
- Maintain confidentiality at all times and to observe Data Protection guidelines
- Ability to adapt quickly and effectively to changing circumstances/situations
- Be an effective team member
- Have good/excellent communication skills in order to build a rapport and relationships with students and staff
- Approachable and dependable
- Flexible approach
- Commitment to safeguarding students
What we can offer you:
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes located on the site of Holcombe Grammar School
- Onsite parking free of charge
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in a new school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career and join at the start of a new and exciting time for this academy, then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.? This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.