Required as soon as possible
Part time 8.75 hours per week
Term time only
Salary Grade A point 1
£3,426.25 per annum actual salary
Rosslyn Park Primary and Nursery School is looking for a motivated, energetic and organised individual to become part of our Midday Supervisor team.
Rosslyn Park Primary and Nursery School is a very large primary school with over 700 pupils. We became an academy with Transform Trust in January 2015. We have a primary focus on ensuring the highest possible standards of teaching and learning for our pupils and were judged a good school by Ofsted in November 2017.
Main Responsibilities are:
• Supervision, organisation and safeguarding of children within the playground and dining hall
• Organise and develop interactive activities for the children during play
• To ensure all children receive a school meal or have their own packed lunch
• To oversee dining arrangements that promote an orderly and pleasant meal service for pupils
• To ensure the dining hall is kept clean during meal service
• To deal with behaviour incidents in the playground and dining hall
The successful candidate will be friendly, have good communication skills and the ability to adapt their approach to suit the needs and different personalities of the children. You will:
• Exhibit a calm and reassuring manner
• Be passionate about making a difference to every child
• Value a team working approach and be keen to contribute and share your skills with colleagues
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Be punctual and reliable
In return we offer:
• A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven
towards continuously raising standards
• A happy working environment with friendly and well-behaved children
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and the community
• Suitable training, including First Aid, where required
• Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and have been arranged by contacting the school office.
How to apply
To obtain an application form, any questions or queries and completed application forms should be directed to Andy Mullahy at Rosslyn Park Primary and Nursery School, Amesbury Circus, Nottingham, NG8 6DD
Closing date is Monday 20 April 2020 at 12pm
Interview date is Monday 27 April 2020
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6800 children in 18 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire and Derby. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
• Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
• Trust support networks
• Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
• Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
• Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film on our website
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training
Rosslyn Park Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.