Peter Lea Primary School
Carter Place, Fairwater, Cardiff, CF5 3NP
Head Teacher: Mrs E Gough
Post Ref No: ED50219305
Grade 2 SCP 2 - 3 (£17,711 - £18,065 PRO RATA)
7.5 hours per week (11:45am - 1:15pm Mon - Fri)
Term Time Permanent (38 weeks per year)
We are seeking to appoint a Midday Supervisor to join our friendly and professional team in this highly ambitious school. Like all of our staff, applicants need to be reliable and adaptable, with positive attitudes towards children and young people with special needs.
The successful candidate will need to be:
• Flexible, hardworking and enthusiastic
• Have high expectations for the behaviour and care of all pupils
• Have good communication skills
Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
• Supervising the child/children during the mid- day break, including when they are waiting to go for lunch and whilst eating lunch;
• Helping the child/children who need assistance with their meals, ensuring that they are able to enjoy their meals without undue difficulty or delay;
• Supporting and assisting the children in lunchtime leisure and play activities;
• Modelling and encouraging positive behaviour at all times;
• Assisting with the physical care of children, e.g. toileting, changing and washing (for those children who need this level of help);
• Following agreed procedures for dealing with and reporting incidents during the mid- day break.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post. We also cannot accept application forms by post.
Application forms should be completed in full and e-mailed to the school by the closing date.
Click 'Apply Now' for the e-mail address.
Closing Date: Wednesday 12th August 2020 (Noon)
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.