We are looking for innovative, inspirational midday supervisor who puts children's welfare at the center of everything they do and are able to support our students in reaching their full potential.
You will be working as part of a newly established team who are passionate about providing the very best experience for our students. Our Year 7 cohort are extremely well behaved and enjoy good relationships with all members of staff.
This is a unique opportunity to help develop a new and innovative school, which will be shaped by three key elements for both students and staff:
• Educational excellence
• Character formation
• Spiritual insight
Avanti Fields School is a new all-through school (4-16) with two-forms of entry in primary and six-forms of entry at secondary. We welcomed our first intake of Year 7 pupils in September 2018 and the school and will be growing incrementally year by year to a full cohort of 1,320.
As such we want to create and build a staff team at Avanti Fields School which is relentlessly focused on improving the achievement and opportunities for our pupils. All staff that work at the school will need to subscribe to our ethos and values and seek to improve and develop their own practice and performance for the benefit of our pupils.
Avanti Fields is part of the growing family of Avanti schools. Avanti schools are Hindu-designated faith schools. However, staff and students at Avanti House School do not originate from any specific faith background; applications are welcome from practitioners of any faith and from those of none. They will, however, be expected to be in full sympathy with the unique ethos and vision of the School.
You need to be able to demonstrate that you have the following:
• Will enjoy a challenge and be able to motivate and improve a growing school
• Is passionate about being a midday supervisor
• Is resourceful, dynamic
• Is committed to their own professional development
• Will show commitment to the school’s values
• Is determined to be an outstanding midday supervisor
• Who wants to be part of a school which is on a journey to excellence
We are able to offer:
• a strong vision of Educational Excellence, Character Formation and Spiritual Insight;
• enthusiastic, motivated and friendly children;
• a committed and motivated staff team;
• an attractive working environment;
• supportive parents;
• great opportunities for professional development.
• Due to the nature of this role, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. In making your application, it is essential you disclose whether you have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and, if so, for which offences. This post will be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Therefore, applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are ‘spent’ under the provision of the Act, and, in the event of the employment being taken up; any failure to disclose such convictions will result in dismissal or disciplinary action. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, bind-over or caution has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this appointment.
• Avanti Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
• We welcome applications from both men and women of all ages from any background and from candidates with disabilities.
Closing Date: Friday 9th October 2020, 12 Noon
• Application forms can be downloaded and must be submitted by the closing date once fully completed. The successful candidate will be required to sign the application declaration on appointment.
• Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Avanti Fields School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children andyoung people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
We welcome applications from both men and women of all ages from any background and from candidates with disabilities.