Queen Eleanor's CofE Junior School based in Guildford is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and flexible lunchtime assistant for a term-time permanent position. The successful candidate will be a friendly and reliable team member with a passion for working with children in the busy hubbub of a local junior school.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Term-time hours
• 5 days per week 11.55am – 1.10pm*
• The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
• Competitive salary.
• Pension Scheme.
• Employee benefits such as childcare vouchers and retail discounts.
• Access to free employee assistance programme.
You will be responsible for supervising (including setting up and clearing away) multiple lunch sittings over the school lunchtime period and supervising inside and outside play sessions. This will include both engaging with, and ensuring the safety of, our young community and administering first aid.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and safety of our pupils.
• A good level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
• An ability to work on their own initiative, and also be part of a larger team.
• A willingness to learn and undertake training in subject such as First aid and Safeguarding
• Previous experience working with children, ideally in a school or childcare setting
(*Please note that during the current Covid pandemic, we may have to vary the timings of the lunch duties to reflect the needs of the school .The timings would be pre-agreed and be between 11.30am – 1.30 pm)
Applications Close: Monday 12th October at 12 noon.
Interviews will be held: Thursday 15th October.
Find out more about this exciting opportunity by visiting our school website or contacting the school office.
Queen Eleanor’s Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, pre-interview references and an enhanced DBS check.