Join us to discover why we are truly an Outstanding School!
Our school underwent a short Ofsted inspection 3rd July 2019 and we are extremely proud that we were judged as an Outstanding School – for the fourth consecutive time. We are delighted that the report confirmed Perseid School has maintained the outstanding quality of education since the last inspection.
A career at Perseid School offers a rewarding future: working with inspiring pupils and young adults, in a close-knit team of talented and ambitious staff. If you believe you can add to our outstanding team – we want to hear from you.
The working hours are 2 hours per day during 11 - 2 pm (exact hours to be confirmed).
Perseid is a vibrant, happy and nurturing school located in the London Borough of Merton. We offer young people aged 3-19, with severe and complex learning difficulties and learners with an additional diagnosis of autism and/or physical and sensory difficulties, an outstanding educational provision. Our mission is to inspire learning, through an enjoyable, interactive and creative curriculum and our staff are key in making this a reality.
Pupils flourish in our school and this enables us to trail-blaze holistic learning. We are seeking to recruit positive, enthusiastic and inspirational staff with a commitment to our pupils’ welfare and achievement. The right candidate needs to be passionate for achieving the best for all – if this sounds like you, we would love to invite you to meet our wonderful community of pupils and staff.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to safer recruitment measures, which will include an enhanced criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Investing in you:
• Endless opportunities for CPD
• Prospects to enhance your personal development – guest speakers, external trips, conferences and a range of projects throughout the academic year
• Detailed induction programme including high-quality training
• Strong relationships with local schools
• A member of the Merton Special Teaching Alliance
Enrichment and personal benefits:
• An enviable location, in one of London’s greenest boroughs, well connected on transport routes and only 30 minutes from central London
• Wealth of unique sights, attractions and activities to benefit staff in their free time and provide exciting learning opportunities for pupils
• Supportive network of staff and positive working environment
• Empowering leadership that recognise potential and commitment of staff
These are physically and emotionally challenging posts. Please note that you may be working with pupils at either our lower campus (aged 3 - 11) or our upper campus (aged 11 - 19). This is determined by the needs of the school and you may be moved from one campus to the other at any time.
The starting salary is £21030 - pro-rata for the hours and weeks worked which is approximately £5124 per annum.
This post is subject to passing basic literacy and numeracy tests which will be administered by the school on a date to be confirmed.
Interview date to be confirmed
Perseid School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.