7.5 hours a week, Term Time only
£18,564 - £18,750 (pro rata)
We are looking to appoint a caring, enthusiastic and highly motivated Midday Supervisor to take responsibility for the health and safety and security of children during the School lunch break.
YOU WILL BE INVOLVED IN:
- Supervising pupils in the area in which they eat their lunch and manage queues accordingly
- Assisting and supervising the clearing away and tidying of the eating area
- Acting as a responsible caring adult with the health, safety, and welfare of the children always in mind
- Ensuring reasonable behaviour and safe conduct of pupils
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Experience of working with children
- An empathy with and an understanding of children in the age range concerned
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to be assertive when necessary
WHY CHOOSE US:
Braunstone Community Primary School is a two-form entry school that sits proudly in its community. Our vision is BELONG, CARE, PERSEVERE, SUCCEED. Everything that the children and staff do at our school, has these core values as the golden thread.
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school
- Good opportunities for personal and career development
- Pension scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
Closing date for Applications: 10th December 2020 11:59am
Interview Date: 14th December 2020
Start Date: 12th January 2021
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification attached to support with your application.
Safeguarding Statement: We are committed to safeguarding our pupils; therefore, the successful applicant will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and references.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.