Required from ASAP
Fixed term Maternity Cover
Part time 6.25 hours per week
Term time only
Salary grade 1 point A – point B
£2,514 - £2528 per annum actual salary
Bulwell St Mary’s C of E Primary and Nursery School is looking for a motivated, energetic and organised individual to become part of the Midday Supervisor team.
Main Responsibilities are:
- Supervision, organisation and safeguarding of children within the playground or dining hall environment.
- Organise and develop interactive activities for the children during play
- To use class registers and operate the system designed to ensure all children receive a school meal
- To encourage dining arrangements that promotes an orderly and pleasant meal service for pupils.
- To assist as required to ensure a calm, clean environment in the dining hall
The successful candidate will be friendly, have good communication skills as well as the ability to adapt their approach to suit the needs and different personalities of the children.
- Exhibit a calm and reassuring manner
- Be passionate about making a difference to every child.
- Value a team working approach and be keen to contribute and share your skills with colleagues
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to build on and maintain strong relationships with staff, parents and carers, children, governors and the local and wider community.
- Be punctual and reliable
In return we offer:
- A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven towards continuously raising standards.
- A happy working environment with friendly and well-behaved children,
- Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
- Calm and purposeful environments
- Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
- Suitable training, including First Aid, where required.
- Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
Unfortunately, we cannot show you our fantastic environment or allow you to meet our wonderful children at the moment, but our website is a great source of information. To hear more about this exciting opportunity and all that Bulwell St. Mary’s can offer, please get in touch with me (Miss Godfrey) by phoning the school office .
How to apply
To obtain an application form, any questions or queries and completed application forms should be directed to the Office Manager, Elizabeth Cameron at Bulwell St Mary’s C of E Primary and Nursery School, Ragdale Road, Bulwell, Nottingham, NG6 8GQ.
Closing date for applications: 12:00pm on Friday 11th December 2020
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6,700 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire Derby and Derbyshire. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
- Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
- Trust support networks
- Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
- Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
- Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film on our website
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks which may include references, health and right to work in the UK. This post involves working with children and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.