Ysgol Mynydd Bychan
New Zealand Road,
Gweinyddwr Amser Cinio – Midday Supervisor
Post Ref No: ED33005864
Grade 2 Spinal Points 2 - 3 (£18,198 - £18,562 PRO RATA)
6 hours 15 minutes per week / 38 weeks per year
Term Time Temporary
Required as soon as possible
We are looking for a caring, hardworking, flexible, approachable and motivated Midday Supervisor to join our happy and successful school.
The successful candidate is expected to:
• supervise pupils while lunch is being served;
• supervise the pupils in outdoor and indoor areas ensuring pupils’ safety at all times;
• clean and tidy away lunch and play equipment;
• be sensitive to the individual needs of children;
• be willing to attend relevant training;
• be a good communicator.
This salary is subject to the Living Wage Supplement that tops up the basic rate of pay to £9.50 per hour. The supplement will be reviewed every April. Cardiff Council reserves the right to make any changes to, or removal of, the Living Wage Supplement.
The above post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
For further information please contact the school.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
All applications should be e-mailed to or returned to Mrs Elaine Robinson or Mrs Lynda Pennar at the school office by the closing date.
Closing Date: Wednesday 20th April 2021 (Noon)
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.