Leighfield Primary School
Grade 4 (£18,564 - £18,750 pro rata)
5 hours per week (Mon-Fri, 12:10-1:10pm)
Term Time only
Starting as soon as possible
We are looking to appoint a caring, enthusiastic and highly motivated Midday Supervisor to take responsibility for the health and safety and security of children during the School lunch break.
You Will be Involved in:
- Supervising pupils in the area in which they eat their lunch and manage queues accordingly
- Assisting and supervising the clearing away and tidying of the eating area
- Acting as a responsible caring adult with the health, safety, and welfare of the children always in mind
- Ensuring reasonable behaviour and safe conduct of pupils
- Experience of working with children
- An empathy with and an understanding of children in the age range concerned
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to be assertive when necessary
Please refer to the job description and person specifcation attached for more information and to assist in your application.
Why Choose us:
Leighfield is an exciting place to be. We are passionate about providing our children with an engaging curriculum which provides exciting opportunities and experiences. We are committed to providing a quality education for all of our pupils and our school ethos ensures children are nurtured and their wellbeing placed at the heart of what we do.
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school
- Good opportunities for personal and career development
- Pension scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
Closing date for applications: 24th May 2021
Interview date: Week commencing 31st May 2021
Start date: As soon as possible
Leighfield Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.