Required from September 2021
Part time 12.5 hours per week
Term time only + 2 Inset days
Permanent Salary Grade 1B (£17,941.00 FTE)
Actual salary £5,110.53 per annum
Zaytouna Primary School is looking for two motivated, energetic and organised individuals to become part of the Midday Supervisor team.
We want to recruit people who are passionate about making a difference to children and want to challenge themselves to keep on improving. Our working relationships are positive, supportive and forward looking.
On 1st September 2018 the school became part of Transform Multi Academy Trust. We believe a significant impact can be achieved for our school with the right vision, motivation and skill of a Midday Supervisor who has the passion for enabling children to achieve.
We are a warm and welcoming school that truly inspires all: children, parents and the wider community, by providing them with calm, reflective and safe environments in which they can be nurtured.
Our broad and balanced curriculum of intellectual, physical and spiritual education is all inspired and underpinned by the principles of the Islamic Faith and British Values so that children become positive contributors to any community in which they choose to live. We believe that children should have a positive emotional attachment to learning and be awed and inspired by the learning of Allah’s creation so that they become lifelong learners who see the whole world as their classroom.
Our school family celebrate diversity, where difference is respected. We prepare our children to live in a multi-cultural world where they value people of all faiths and none along with people of all walks of life and who challenge discrimination of any form.
We warmly welcome applications from those who are passionate about making a real difference to the lives of children and thrives on challenging themselves and others to keep on improving.
Main Responsibilities are:
• Supervision, organisation and safeguarding of children within the playground or dining hall environment.
• Organise and develop interactive activities for the children during play
• To use class registers and operate the system designed to ensure all children receive a school meal
• To encourage dining arrangements that promotes an orderly and pleasant meal service for pupils
• To assist as required to ensure a calm, clean environment in the dining hall
The successful candidate will be friendly, have good communication skills as well as the ability to adapt their approach to suit the needs and different personalities of the children.
• Exhibit a calm and reassuring manner
• Be passionate about making a difference to every child.
• value a team working approach and be keen to contribute and share your skills with colleagues
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to build on and maintain strong relationships with staff, parents and carers, children, governors and the local and wider community.
• Be punctual and reliable
In return we offer:
• A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven towards continuously raising standards.
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
• Calm and purposeful learning environments
• Friendly, polite, well behaved children who deserve the very best
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
• Suitable training, including First Aid, where required
• Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
Any questions or queries should be directed to Joanne Robottom, Office Manager at Zaytouna Primary School,
How to apply
Please complete an electronic application form through our Trust website
Closing date for applications: 9am Friday 2nd July 2021.
Interviews to be held on Wednesday 14th July 2021.
All school roles are classed as regulated activity and as such, it is an offence to apply to for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children
Transform Trust and its schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, Enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training.
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education.