Danemill Primary School
Grade 4 (£18,564 - £18,750 pro rata)
6.25 hours per week (Mon-Fri, 12:05 -1:20pm)
Term Time only
Staring 23rd August 2021
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and caring Midday Supervisor who has empathy and an understanding of children in the age range concerned. You will take responsibility for the health and safety and security of children during the School lunch break and will supervise the pupils in the area in which they eat their lunch and manage queues accordingly.
You Will be Involved in:
- Supervising pupils in the area in which they eat their lunch and manage queues accordingly
- Assisting and supervising the clearing away and tidying of the eating area
- Acting as a responsible caring adult with the health, safety, and welfare of the children always in mind
- Ensuring reasonable behaviour and safe conduct of pupils
- Experience of working with children
- An empathy with and an understanding of children in the age range concerned
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to be assertive when necessary
- Have the ability to understand and follow relevant procedures, e.g. health and safety, child protection (including issues regarding restraint), school behaviour policy.
Please refer to the job description and person specification attached for more information and to assist in your application.
Why Choose us:
At Danemill we believe that a happy child is a child who will enjoy learning in a positive, inclusive and fun environment. Our aim is to ensure that each and every child fulfils their potential and is ready for the next stage in their education. Our key learning values are woven throughout our curriculum, curiosity, communication, reflection, resilience, motivation, creativity, collaboration and bravery.
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school
- Good opportunities for personal and career development
- Pension scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Employee benefits such as retail discounts.
- On-site parking.
Closing date for applications: 26th July 2021 (9am)
Interview date: 2nd August 2021
Start date: 23rd August 2021
Enderby Danemill Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure form the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service).