Farndon Fields Primary School
Grade 4 (£18,564 - £18,750 pro rata)
5 hours per week
Term Time only
Staring 23rd August 2021, fixed term until Summer 2022
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and caring Midday Supervisor who has empathy and an understanding of children in the age range concerned. You will take responsibility for the health and safety and security of children during the School lunch break and will supervise the pupils in the area in which they eat their lunch and manage queues accordingly.
You Will be Involved in:
- Supervising pupils in the area in which they eat their lunch and manage queues accordingly
- Assisting and supervising the clearing away and tidying of the eating area
- Acting as a responsible caring adult with the health, safety, and welfare of the children always in mind
- Ensuring reasonable behaviour and safe conduct of pupils
- Attending to accidents in the playground in accordance with the School procedure and guidelines on accidents and their treatment and ensure that all accidents are properly recorded using school systems
- Experience of working with children
- An empathy with and an understanding of children in the age range concerned
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to be assertive when necessary
- Have the ability to understand and follow relevant procedures, e.g. health and safety, child protection (including issues regarding restraint), school behaviour policy.
Please refer to the job description and person specifcation attached for more information and to assist in your application.
Why Choose us:
Farndon Fields is set to experience exponential growth over the next 3-4 years with a significant investment in a new build expansion project that was completed last academic year. The school is gradually moving from one-form to two-form entry. This is an excellent opportunity to be involved from the beginning and play a key part in the growth of the school. You will help to ensure this school is a wonderful place for children to thrive and an outstanding place for staff to grow. Your dedication and passion will help to build an excellent centre for learning.
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school
- Good opportunities for personal and career development
- Pension scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Employee benefits such as retail discounts.
- On-site parking.
Closing Date for Applications: 6th August 2021
Interview Date: Week Commencing 16th August 2021
Start Date: 23rd August 2021
Our posts are subject to a DBS enhanced check for a regulated activity.