Midday Supervisory Assistant x 2 vacancies
• 2 posts for 5 hours (1 hour daily), 5 days per week Monday – Friday
Hours: Part time term time only ( 5 hours per week, Monday to Friday)
Basis: Fixed term until 31st August 2020
Salary: NJC Grade 1 SCP 1 ( £1,957 pro rata per annum)
Starting ASAP pending satisfactory Safeguarding and Recruitment checks.
Our Governing Body is seeking to appoint a Midday Supervisor to ensure the safety and wellbeing of pupils during lunch breaks in accordance with the practices and procedures of the school. You will be responsible for supervising children in the dining hall, playground and/or classroom.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Have a calm, respectful and positive manner with the children
- Assist in the promotion of positive behaviour at all times
- Manage children’s behaviour and deal with any incidents that occur
- Contribute to the provision of a safe and stimulating play environment
- Encourage and participate in play activities with our pupils
- Have good interpersonal skills and be able to work constructively as part of a team
- Help within the dinner hall to maintain a clean and safe environment for pupils
- Be able to support the children with toileting
- Be able to support the children when eating and encourage good table manners
- Be able to administer first aid when necessary with minor injuries
- Be able to appreciate and support the role of other professionals
- Be prepared to participate in development and training opportunities
- To maintain confidentiality
- Be able to work under the direction of Line Manager and Headteacher
We can offer you:
- Well behaved pupils
- A happy learning environment where everyone is valued
- Children who are fun to be with and are motivated by enjoyable learning experiences
- A highly supportive Governing Body
Application forms are available to download from eteach.
Closing date: Friday 27th September 2019
Interviews: Wednesday 2nd October 2019
We are legally obliged to ask you to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. If you are invited to interview, you will be asked to provide appropriate documents such as your full birth certificate/passport/work permit in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and a comprehensive screening process will be undertaken on all applicants. This will include an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Libanus Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.