MIDDLE LEADER VACANCY
Salary Scale: MPS/UPS + 1 SEN +TLR 2C
Contract Type: Permanent
Start Date: 1st January 2020
Closing Date: Thursday 26th September 2019 – 12.00 pm
Interviews: Thursday 3rd October 2019
Please contact the school to arrange a visit:
Friday 13th September 2019 – 9.30 am
Thursday 19th September 2019 – 1.30 pm
The vacancy is suitable for experienced teachers and those with existing middle leadership experience.
Please be aware we do not accept applications direct from agencies and also CV’s.
The Governors of this caring and successful school wish to appoint a motivated and outstanding Middle Leader to join our dedicated team at this exciting time in the life of the school. We are looking for a Middle Leader who wants to make a real difference to the lives of our pupils through effective leadership and management, quality assurance and curriculum development.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading, managing and inspiring a team of teachers within the Semi-Formal curriculum area to ensure standards for teaching and learning are high and best inclusive practice is developed. The curriculum area consists of learners who are working on all aspects of communication from the early stages to the phonetic stage. Some key subjects are delivered more formally but still based on need, e.g. English and maths whereas other subjects are delivered through a topic based approach; a vehicle in which to deliver personalised learning. We are seeking a Middle Leader who is a role model for their team and can support and challenge colleagues to develop teaching and learning performance to ensure all learners within the teaching and learning group maximise their achievement and progress.
Broomfield South SILC is a generic all age, co-educational day school maintained by Leeds City Council at present and will be joining Cockburn MAT in the near future. Our pupils and young people (2-19) have a wide range of learning difficulties, including Autistic Spectrum Condition.
We offer an inclusive setting operating on the main Broomfield site and two mainstream partnership sites:
• Windmill Primary School
• Rodillian Academy
This enables us to meet a wide variety of pupils’ needs and provide support and advice to the community.
Staff can be expected to work on any of the three sites if required.
Applications from mainstream colleagues would be welcome but experience of teaching pupils with special needs and Autism Spectrum Condition across the age range would be an advantage.
The successful candidates will have;
• The ability to lead and manage staff teams effectively to ensure excellent outcomes for young people
• Experience of effective curriculum planning to ensure inspirational teaching, learning, assessment and behaviour management strategies to ensure learning is engaging and inclusive.
• Experience and skills of teaching pupils with a range of Special Educational Needs to secure excellent outcomes
• The ability to effectively quality assure provision and provide reports and action plans to further develop identified areas
• Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with all stakeholders
• High expectations of yourself and others; leading by example to develop a culture of professional learning
• Experience of effective deployment of staffing and resources
• Experience of leading professional development and supporting and challenging staff teams
• A commitment to making contributions to the full life of the school
In addition the following personal qualities;
• Ability to use initiative
• Enthusiasm and the ability to motivate and inspire others and hold them to account
• Willingness to reflect and share effective practice with others
In return we can offer:
• Friendly, enthusiastic and highly motivated young people
• The support of our strong, caring and committed staff team including SLT and the Governing Body.
• A comprehensive CPD programme with a commitment to developing your skills and career progression
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds. Applications are welcome from all, irrespective of sex, sexuality, race, religion, marital status, age, or disability.
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
The Broomfield main site and our partnership sites have disabled access facilities, including a lift.
For further details and recruitment pack please contact Rhona Mackintosh by email or by telephone (see how to apply)
Please note that Broomfield South SILC operates No Smoking policy
Broomfield South SILC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.