Millgate School – "Transforming Lives and Inspiring Futures"
Millgate is a large successful special school for students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties. We are now in a position to appoint a SEN Level C SEN Teaching Assistant to work within our Music Department. The expectation is that you will cover lessons when necessary.
The successful Candidate will:
- Have the hunger and thirst to recognise potential within SEMH students and inspire rapid and accelerated progress in order to reach their full potential.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to inspire and motivate all members of our school community
- Have a view of education that promotes all aspects of a young person's development.
In addition to the SEN Teaching Assistant Job Description and career matrix, the following skills are required that are more specific to the Music Curriculum role:-
- Excellent knowledge of Logic Pro X
- Understanding of live sound engineering
- Understanding of studio and live recording
- An interest in and understanding of the current music industry in a variety of genres.
- An ability to encourage and inspire students to learn practical musical instruments.
- Willing to attend and contribute to extra-curricular music trips locally and nationally.
- Contributing to music technology based schemes of work.
In return we will offer you:
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff within the capability and desire to raise student achievement even further.
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and are proud of their learning environment.
The school has a proven track record of staff professional development. We warmly welcome an informal visit or a conversation prior to application.
Working Hours: 22 hours a week - hours to be discussed at interview
Closing date: 4th November 2019
Interview w/c: 11th November 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.