We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, inspiring and dedicated Early Years Teacher/QTS to join the committed, professional team in our busy Pre-Prep Department (3-6 year-olds). Danes Hill School is located in Oxshott which is easily commutable from Guildford, Esher, Epsom and surrounding areas. The position will be to teach a class of nursery aged children and is required from January 2019.
This position is for the Spring and Summer Term only.
The closing date for application is Monday 18 November. For successful candidates, interviews will take place on Thursday 21 November.
Danes Hill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Applications will be considered on receipt, therefore, early submissions would be recommended.
Please view the job description below and visit the school website to download the application form by post to Head of Pre-Prep, Danes Hill Pre-Prep School, Bevendean, Steels Lane, Oxshott, KT22 0QQ.
Pre-Prep Teacher (Spring Term 2019)
The successful candidate will be a morning only Transition Teacher working as part of a dedicated and highly motivated Pre-Prep team. They should have outstanding communication skills, be enthusiastic about their work and keen to contribute to all aspects of school life.
Responsibilities will include:
• Planning and preparing lessons according to the individual needs, interests, experience and knowledge of the pupils in the class
• Teaching, according to their educational needs and marking all work to be carried out by pupils
• Assessing pupil’s work and recording their development, progress and attainment in academic and pastoral areas
• Maintaining an attractive and stimulating classroom environment and contributing to year group displays
• Promoting the general progress and well-being of individual pupils
• Contributing to extra-curricular activities
• Communicating and consulting with parents of pupils. Making records of all formal communication with parents
• Maintaining good order, discipline and respect for others among pupils; to promote understanding of the school rules and values; to safeguard health and safety and to develop relationship with and between pupils conducive to optimum level of learning
• Managing a teaching assistant within the classroom.
Danes Hill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.