Mobile Facilities Assistant
Grade C £17,160 - £19,240
Full time: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Closing Date: 4th October 2020
Interview Date: TBC
Responsible to: Regional Facilities Manager
Thinking Facilities are looking for a Mobile Facilities Assistant to assist the Regional Facilities Manager with overseeing the day-to-day tasks across the Trust Schools in Portsmouth. Your primary location will be based at The Portsmouth Academy, however you will be required to travel between any of our Primary or Secondary Schools in the Portsmouth area.
You will be a responsible person and competent in all aspects of site maintenance. It is imperative that our Site Team successfully manage our school premises and associated facilities, ensuring that the premises are secure, safe and well-maintained at all times to reflect the standards of education and behaviour within the school.
As part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust, we benefit from working cohesively as a family of schools for the benefit of our children, and for the adults who work here too. Our mission is to “transform life chances”; at The Thinking Schools Academy Trust we believe education has the power to change lives and children only have one chance to get this right. To ensure all our academies focus on our mission school leaders translated our mission to core values that would be demonstrated and evident in all our Academies:
What you will need to succeed:
• Previously experience as a caretaker or similar
• Practical skills in maintenance and cleaning
• Experience of managing Health & Safety
• Experience of working within an Academy/School is desirable.
• A good working knowledge of Microsoft office.
• Full clean driving licence with access to own transport
What we can offer you:
• The opportunity to join a growing organisation during an extremely exciting time
• The successful applicant will also have access to the local government pension scheme
• An annual leave entitlement of 26 days, increasing to 30 after 5 years of service.
• A competitive salary
• A fun, hardworking and welcoming team who enjoy supporting each other
• Vast support network from senior leaders within the schools and the Central Trust team
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
Child First, Aspire, Challenge, Achieve
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our friendly schools, then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust, Portsmouth is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.