MFL teacher for 1 or 2 days per week (Spanish or French)
Inner London Pay Scale
Teacher Main Pay Scale 2 to 4 (depending on experience)
Our vision is to INSPIRE and for our children and our staff to
BE THE BEST YOU CAN
Joseph Hood Primary School is a successful, friendly and inclusive primary school. We seek to employ an enthusiastic and motivated teacher to teach Spanish or French across the school.
We serve a culturally diverse community in Raynes Park. We were rated as ‘Good’ during our last OFSTED inspection in March 2017. We are a happy school where children enjoy learning and achieving in the context of a rich, vibrant, broad and balanced curriculum.
Our school needs you if you are a person with a true interest in all children and have a passion for enabling and empowering them to learn and achieve. You should be inspiring, motivated, organised and talented.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is committed to a child-led approach to teaching and learning
• Is innovative and creative in using a range of learning strategies to support the learning of all children across the curriculum
• Has the ability and determination to inspire and motivate children to achieve their best
• Effectively secures high levels of achievement and emotional well-being for every child
• Is an approachable, empathetic team player who holds high expectations of themselves and others
• Is able to communicate effectively with all members of the school community
We can offer you:
• Pupils who are curious, keen and enthusiastic to learn
• Committed, enthusiastic and supportive colleagues who are open to new ideas and strive for excellence through continuous professional dialogue
• An ambitious and highly motivated senior leadership team
• An exciting & supportive working environment
• An inclusive, nurturing culture and an ethos that recognises the contribution of every member of the school community
• An opportunity to be part of a cluster of 7 local schools who work together across many areas, including training and moderation.
Joseph Hood Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Scheme, confirmation of qualifications, experience checks and satisfactory references.
Visits to the school are welcome by appointment.
Closing date for applications: Monday 27th January 2020
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 3rd February 2020
Joseph Hood Primary School is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This is reflected in our rigorous approach to the recruitment and professional development of our staff. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.