Motor Vehicle Lecturer
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented, highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our Motor Vehicle Department in the role of Lecturer.
The successful applicant will have the ability and drive to inspire diverse groups of young people to achieve their full potential.
• Delivering Motor Vehicle qualifications from Levels Entry level 3 - level 3 (ABC Levels 1 & 2, City and Guilds Levels E3, 1, 2 & 3).
• Providing tutorial support for students in the department.
• Developing, improving and delivering classroom, IT and practical based lessons to increase the quality of the learning experience for the students.
Candidates must have a relevant vocational qualification with a sound knowledge of the Motor Vehicle industry. Candidates should be adaptable and resourceful with excellent communication and IT skills. They do not need to be qualified to teach and although not essential, some experience of teaching in classroom and training workshop settings is preferable.
BCA is a popular and expanding FE college with a strong land-based heritage. We have an excellent record of academic and pastoral achievement and pride ourselves in creating a caring and respectful ethos where every student is important. If you have excellent organisational skills, can prioritise your workload and are an active listener who encourages development and champions achievement, you’ll thrive in this learner-focused role.
For further details and an application pack, please contact the Human Resources Department or download an application form from FE Jobs.
Closing date: Midnight on Tuesday 27th August 2019
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Reasons to join us
• Generous annual leave entitlement and pension scheme
• A wide range of learning and career opportunities
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Cycle to work and local business employee corporate discount schemes
• Free on-site parking
• Various health and wellbeing benefits (including free use of the College gym)
Commitment to Safeguarding
BCA is committed to equal opportunities for all whilst safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students; all posts are subject to enhanced DBS checks.
BCA (Berkshire College of Agriculture) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.