Cambridge Regional College have an exciting opportunity for a Technician to join our Motor Vehicle team at our Cambridge Campus.
You will join us on a full time, full year basis and in return you will receive a competitive salary of between £18,318-£20,413 per annum, plus staff benefits.
Cambridge Regional College is a large and inspirational centre of learning with Campuses in Cambridge and Huntingdon.
We have outstanding teaching and leisure facilities and a reputation for excellence in a number of fields.
Our campus facilities are among the best in the country, and you’ll find a modern teaching environment with lots of energy and interaction.
CRC is a college to be proud of and to be in.
In addition, we value our staff as we understand they make the difference in transforming lives, our investment in our staff has been formally recognised in being accredited with Investors in People Gold status.
Just some of the rewards you can benefit from joining our staff, include:
- Generous holiday leave entitlement plus bank holidays
- Generous pension scheme
- Discounted rates on Apple products
- Free gym membership option and discounted classes
- Discounted rates on college courses
- BUPA Health Expenses cash plan and Occupational Health services
- Free on-site car parking
- Exclusive discounts for high street and online stores with Rewards@CRC
- On site restaurants, retail and coffee outlets (Costa Coffee at Cambridge Campus and Starbucks at Huntingdon Campus)
- Free independent telephone counselling service with our Employee Assistant Programme
- Staff Development opportunities.
About the role:
To provide high quality technician support to learning programmes within the Automotive department in addition to undertaking other associated duties.
The post holder will also contribute to course design and team meetings, development of practical work for programmes and the expansion of the area generally.
The successful applicant to this post will report to the Team Leader in Motor Vehicle area for day to day duties and for personnel and other non-specific duties.
This role could be the starting point to a journey into teaching and assessing
This role is based predominatly in Cambridge Campus but some travel maybe need to out Huntingdon Campus
1 Maintain and repair all equipment in all workshops and Training Areas.
2 Prepare and set up equipment, tools and assessment areas for practical sessions and demonstrations.
3 Assist lecturing staff during practical sessions and demonstrations.
4 Maintain Good Health and Safety during workshop sessions
Other responsabilities are outlined in the job decription attached to this vacancy
The successful candidate will be reporting to the team leader in Motor Vehicle
What we are looking for in our role:
The ideal candidate needs to have at least 3 years Relevant trade experience, a Motor Vehicle L2 qualification or/and L3 NVQ or equivalent and the below skills and abilities
• Sufficient relevant experience working in the Motor Vehicle environment maintenance/repair
• Current Health & Safety knowledge related to the Automotive Industry
• Good interpersonal, administrative and communication skills
• Organised and able to meet deadlines
• Ability to cultivate good working relationships with colleagues and students
Closing Date: 20th October 2021
Interviews? 26th October 2021
Cambridge Regional College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, we expect all workers and employees to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The College reserves the right to fill this vacancy ahead of the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.