Multi-Sensory Impairment Teacher
Main Working Location: Denmark Road, Carshalton
Salary Range: £35,565.97-£50,841.66 (Band 3-Band 4) depending on experience
Permanent: 37 Hours per Week
Cognus are currently recruiting for an MSI Consultant (Teacher). This is a full-time role working 37 hours per week, though a part time position could be discussed with the right candidate.
Our successful candidate will be expected to:
• Manage the caseload for our service and develop the offer to children and young people to ensure it is relevant and effective in line with the team strategy.
• Provide professional support and development opportunities to ensure our offer is delivered.
• Develop links across neighbouring local authorities, identifying opportunities for joint work in order to promote understanding and service developments for the benefit of the DB population.
Cognus Sensory Impairment for Children and Young People offers support from early childhood until the young person moves into adulthood. The team work primarily with:
• Children who are deafblind/multi-sensory impaired.
• Children who have medical conditions that are likely to cause problems with sight and hearing as they grow older.
Support is also available to children who have either a sight or hearing impairment combined with other needs, such as learning or physical disabilities.
Skills and abilities:
• Are you experienced in working with children or young people who have sensory impairments and / or complex and medical needs, and their families?
• Are you a skilled and engaging leader who is excited and passionate about developing the skills of a team to meet the needs of deafblind people locally and nationally?
• Do you possess insight and knowledge of the SEND system which would benefit CYP with sensory impairments and / or complex and medical needs, and their families?
• Are you able to undertake assessment that focuses on the whole-child’s needs and on what they can rather than can’t do?
If the answer is yes to one or more of these then we are particularly keen to hear from you.
We are looking for experienced practitioners with Mandatory Qualifications or relevant experience of working with children and young people with multi-sensory impairment or single sensory impairment and additional complex needs.
This role will require travel across the locality, as such, a full UK driving licence is desirable. In return we offer specialist training and support to enable professional development, opportunity to join the company pension scheme and enhanced family benefits.
This is an opportunity to work with highly talented, diverse and supportive colleagues who are passionate about supporting children and young people with MSI and their families.
Constituted in November 2016 as a company limited by shares, Cognus is jointly owned by the London Borough of Sutton (LBS) and several Sutton schools.
You will give us great commitment and in return we offer an excellent package including:
- regular support and supervision;
- an excellent group of leaders as colleagues;
- excellent CPD opportunities;
- flexible working;
- workplace pension scheme;
- salary £35,565.97-£50,841.66 (Band 3-Band 4) per annum (depending on experience)
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of three between Xmas & New Year);
If you are interested and would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a CV and covering note (of no more than two sides, minimum font size 11) outlining how you meet the person specification. The deadline for receipt is midnight on Wednesday 19th August 2020. Candidates are requested to be available on the Friday 28th August 2020 for interview.
For an informal conversation about the role please contact Jane Morgan, Head of SEND Support and Primary Advisory, contact details via our website.
All offers of employment are subject to successful completion of recruitment formalities which includes an enhanced DBS check. These checks must have been completed prior to commencement of employment. We expect our staff to have due regard for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and to follow the child protection procedures adopted by the Company and the Local Safeguarding Children’s Board.
We have several other roles we are recruiting to at different levels within Cognus. Please get in touch for an informal conversation about these and other opportunities if you or anyone else you know may be interested in working with us.
Cognus Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.