From September 2021, we are seeking to appoint a highly skilled and talented teacher of Performing Arts (Music). The successful candidate will be joining an excellent team of teachers and a successful department, being able to demonstrate strong subject knowledge with the ability to teach Music at Key Stage 3. This is a permanent, part time post commencing 1st September 2021.
You will be:
● A highly motivated and engaging Teacher of Music able to teach outstanding lessons across the age and ability range at Key Stage 3.
● Creative and innovative; willing to contribute to the development of students learning and progress within a committed and forward looking department
● Committed to continuous professional development leading to outstanding teaching
● The opportunity to join this high attaining, successful and oversubscribed school
● A committed and enthusiastic staff group
● Exciting opportunities in a school with well established specialisms in Performing Arts
● A well-resourced faculty with a strong academic tradition and reputation
● Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development
Cotham School is a great place to work. We’re a fantastic friendly team, proud of what we achieve and looking forward to welcoming new people to share in our achievements. Join us and you’ll receive a wide range of employee benefits including:
● excellent work life balance with term time working arrangements
● excellent defined benefit pension schemes (Teachers’ pension scheme)
● access to employee assistance programme and counselling sessions
● ongoing learning and development opportunities and access to the school CPD library
● at least 5 inset (training) days per annum with the provision of free onsite drinks and meals
● comprehensive induction process
● competitive salaries which are reviewed annually
● family friendly policies and wellbeing support initiatives
● savings on purchases via smart hive employee benefits platform
● reduced price access to gyms and health sessions
● access to staff sports
● option to participate in the cycle to work scheme
● on site free car parking (when available)
● access to discounted dental and health care schemes, plus free eye tests and free annual flu jab
Cotham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, age or disability. We particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups.
Please visit our website for further details and application pack:
Closing date: Thursday 18th of March 2021 at 9.00 am.
Interviews are likely to be held on: Tuesday 30th of March 2021
Cotham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All offers of appointment are conditional on the following:
• Enhanced DBS check
• Satisfactory completion of a Staff Disqualification Declaration form
• Confirmation that you are not subject to either a Prohibition Order or Interim Prohibition Order
• The receipt of at least 2 satisfactory references
• Verification of identity
• Verification of medical fitness
• Verification of qualifications
• Verification of QTS where required
• Verification that they are legally able to work in UK