Are you an exceptional Music Teacher looking for an opportunity to help children develop their full potential?
Hammond Junior School are looking to recruit an exceptional part time Teacher of Music. You will be working with children for 2 days per week to help them reach their full potential in Music and make the most of our great facilities, including our well equipped music room. You will plan and deliver Music lessons matched to National Curriculum requirements across all KS2 year groups.
Hammond Junior School is a 3 form entry junior school serving the community of Lightwater and the surrounding villages. Hammond School is also a part of the Federation of Lightwater Schools being partnered with the adjacent infant school and is an academy within the GLF Academy Trust. Through GLF we have the benefit of sharing outstanding resources and practice with a number of other schools. We pride ourselves on the passion and dedication of our staff and our wonderful pupils.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience of and passion for teaching within a primary school setting
- Has skill and enthusiasm in music
- Is passionate about childrens’ learning and understands how children learn best
- Is able to develop positive relationships with young children.
- Is enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team.
- Is a confident and clear communicator with parents.
- Is a great team player with a positive outlook
Why work at Hammond School?
- An exciting opportunity to develop a curriculum to meet the needs of local community
- A well supported and vibrant learning environment with an emphasis on high levels of achievement
- High expectations, yet caring ethos which focuses on the development of the whole child
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
- Recognition of previous school continuous service.
Salary: Main Scale/Unqualified Teacher Scale
Hours of Work: Part time, 2 days per week
Closing Date for Applications: Thursday 30th June
Interview Date: Friday 8th July
Visits to the school from prospective candidates are welcomed. Please contact the school office if you would like to arrange a visit.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place