JOB TITLE: Netball Coach
SCALE/SCALE-POINT: Hourly Paid
RESPONSIBLE TO: Curriculum Leader
‘Come questioning, go seeking, grow’
We are seeking an enthusiastic Netball Coach to join our friendly Sports team at The Henley College. The post hold will be flexible in supporting matches at the college and away games.
RESPONSIBILITY AND DUTIES
• Coaching as per agreed hours on the enrichment & development programme (if appropriate)
• Proficiency in the skills, techniques and tactics appropriate to the activity, age and experience of the pupils
• Plan and lead sessions; select, manage and umpire squads; track pupil progress and liaise with the Curriculum Leader - Sport to ensure the highest standard of coaching is met
• A basic grounding in Health and Safety procedures, risk assessments and codes of conduct for pupils while taking part in the activity itself
• Caring for sports equipment and kit and organisation of sport and exercise store cupboards
• Contributing to the development of coaching plans appropriate to the activity, age and experience of the pupils
• Participate in and contribute to INSET training for staff as required
• Carry out such other duties within the post holder’s capabilities as may be reasonably requested from time to time
• To identify personal and professional staff development needs to meet the College’s Strategic Plan.
• To ensure continuous professional development (CPD) requirements as specified by the College and that may be identified during College processes, for example Appraisal.
• To participate in the College Appraisal Scheme.
• To maintain awareness of the requirements of the College Health and Safety Policy and to be responsible for ensuring that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Health and Safety Policy are adhered to and carried out.
• To read and apply the College Safeguarding and Prevent procedures and to ensure that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Safeguarding Policy and Prevent Duty Policy are adhered to and carried out.
• To read the College Single Equality Scheme and to act in accordance with statutory obligations under the equality duties and in compliance with current Equality and Diversity legislation.
• To ensure adherence to the College Data Protection Policy.
• To work to the College quality standards and systems within the context of the College quality systems.
• To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as are appropriate to this level of post, including any reasonable request made by Head of Faculty or Senior Leadership Team.
Essential skills and Characteristics
• Educated to GCSE Level
• Previous experience of Netball coaching relevant sporting activities or umpiring qualification
• Experience of working with young people
• A full, clean driving licence
• Willingness to drive students, in a minibus, to and from fixtures (will need to take a minibus driving test)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with others
• Problem-solving skills
• The ability to:
o motivate individuals to improve their performance
o encourage others to achieve learning success
o manage own workload and use initiative
o manage time effectively and prioritise tasks
o record, communicate and report on progress efficiently and clearly
• A commitment to the College values and equal opportunities
• The ability to work flexibly to meet the demands of the post
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Tenure of post: Fixed Term Contract
Hours of work: Up to 100 hours for Netball fixtures on Wednesday afternoon. In addition to this, one hour of coaching, weekly, within in our 'block 6' - Tuesdays 11.10 to 13.15 or Thursday 8.45 to 10.50
Salary: £20.87 an hour
Pension: Local Government Pension Scheme (optional). This is an employee
and employer contributory pension scheme.
The Henley College is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DSB (previously CRB) check
The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.