Crowdys Hill is looking for a dedicated individual to provide tailored technical support to our staff and pupils. You will be committed to making a positive difference to young people’s lives and in supporting and developing their learning. Your intervention will help enable an outstanding learning environment for our pupils, providing the support they need to succeed.
The successful candidate will be a committed team player with excellent organisational and technical skills. You will have the ability to effectively support teaching, and be pro-active in researching new technologies which may enhance the learning experience here at Crowdys Hill.
Crowdys Hill School is an all through special school, for children with learning difficulties and social communication difficulties. We have expanded our provision over the past few years, and whilst we are on one site, we are a mixture of old and new buildings. We have a variety of PCs, iPADS and laptops, used daily by staff and pupils; a CCTV system throughout the school; internal phones throughout the school and a range of other technical devices which the successful candidate will be responsible for.
As part of your diverse and exciting role, you will:
- Ensure that ICT hardware across the curriculum areas of the school is at all times functional and ready for use in accordance with school requirements
- Undertake repairs as required
- Maintain all necessary records utilising the implemented service desk software, including inventories and details of equipment checks as necessary
- Maintain IT assets
- Ensure all technical issues are recorded
- Lead in planning for and securing improvements and developments in technology
- Manage the school network, installing and removing software, monitoring its use, capacity and security, undertaking housekeeping tasks and taking any remedial action as required to ensure its efficient and smooth running
- Provide technical problem solving on hardware and software issues and problems using initiative and local resources, to teaching and other staff, and external agencies as appropriate and be able to demonstrate tenacity in doing so.
- Ensure that ICT equipment and work stations meet the requirements of health and safety legislation and are maintained in a clean and safe manner
- Attend relevant training as required, and maintain up to date knowledge of new technologies.
- Guide school employees in the use of software and hardware that has been implemented
You will have
- Experience of supporting ICT use in a school setting.
- Experience of trouble-shooting software and hardware issues
- The ability to procure, install and manage educational and office hardware.
- The ability to manage the school’s ICT network – including back-up and recovery of data.
Please contact Simon Winchester, Business Manager at the school if you require any further information.
Crowdys Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and all post holders are subject to an Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure and employment checks. References will be called and checked prior to interview. The right to work in the UK and qualifications will be checked at the time of the interview.