Salary Grade: Hay - Q
Salary Band: £32,029 - £41,675 per annum
Location: Berkshire Hub - John Madejski Academy
Contract Type: All Year Round
Contract Term: Permanent
Closing Date: Sunday 08 March 2020
Interview Date: tbc
Hours: 37 p/w
Start: March 2020
Please note we will be interviewing suitable candidates as they arise, so may hold interviews before the closing date.
About the Opportunity
Are you a dedicated and aspiring Senior IT Technician ready for the next step in your career to manage your own team, manage the IT budget, drive the school IT strategy and support key infastructure projects delivering outstanding customer service? Or;
Are you a confident, experienced Network Manager with a wealth of IT expertise you're looking to use and share with your team to develop an excellent IT strategy in the school? Do you have exceptional customer service skills, able to multi task with finesse and accustomed to the responsibility of the IT budget?
Yes to either of these questions? Keep reading!...
Now is an excellent time to join The White Horse Federation! Our IT Team are growing, and having been a centralised function now de-centralising due to growth, we're looking for the next member to join our expanding unit. Within the Oxfordshire - Berkshire hub, the John Madejski Academy need a devoted and experienced IT Network Manager to support the delivery of teaching and learning within the school.
We need you to provide meticulous, high quality IT support services whilst supporting and managing key infastructure projects alongside the WHFIT Regional Head of IT. We want you to be responsible for the IT budget and assets of the school, to line manage the IT staff, own all aspects of care and maintenance of IT equipment and be the drive for the school's IT strategy. This role could be the start of a new and exciting beginning for you as part of a wider, growing IT team across five geographical locations!
We are looking for a driven, experienced Network Manager who will:
- Work alongside Senior Leadership Team (SLT) within the school to deliver the school’s ICT strategy
- Manage the school IT budget alongside Regional Head of IT
- Manage the day to day workload of the WHFIT team, ensuring you get the best out of them
- Become the technical lead within the WHFIT team for designated service or product
- Produce and update site specific technical documentation
- Ensure your allocated sites follow all ICT policies including data protection and GDPR
We will need our fantastic appointed candidate to:
- Hold relevant qualifications / certifications such as Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA
- Have strong knowledge and experience of Hyper-V and Cisco Meraki
- Have practical working knowledge of an IT Support Environment and Service Desk ticketing system
- Have sound working knowledge of an IT infrastructure with experience in IT project management and delivery
- Full details on the skills and experience required for this post can be found on the attached, supporting job description and person specification.
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
- Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Reward Gateway discounts (P&T)
- Cashback healthcare plan (P)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
John Madejski Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.