Are you an NQT or well-qualified graduate with a good honours degree, looking to get into teaching?
We are looking for enthusiastic NQT's and well-qualified graduates who wish to teach in a high-performing independent girls' school with 600 students aged 11 - 18 years.
Sir William Perkins’s School was founded in 1725 and is now on an attractive 12 acre site situated on the outskirts of Chertsey, a two minute walk from the railway station and very near to the junction of the M3 and M25. The Head is both a member of HMC and GSA.
The School has excellent facilities, having benefited from an extensive building and refurbishment programme including a new staff room and kitchen and refurbished staff work room in autumn 2017 and New Sixth Form centre, Drama Studio and Careers centre which opened in summer 2016.
Sir William Perkins’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be expected to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Qualifications and Experience
- A well-qualified graduate with a good honours degree.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Ability to inspire and motivate students
- Ability to relate effectively to and earn the confidence of colleagues, students and parents/carers
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and willingness to embrace the School’s Digital Strategy
- Ability to use strategies that effectively support the School’s policies and procedures, e.g. on safeguarding, health & safety, rewards and discipline, monitoring and tracking, etc.
- Commitment to the aims, ethos and objectives of the department and the School
- Professional and with integrity
- Passion for the subject
- Good communicator
- Keen interest in all aspects of School life and happy to get involved
- Enjoyment of new challenges and experiences
- Adaptable and Reflective
- Kind and with a good sense of humour
Application will be considered on arrival.
If you would like to arrange to tour the School before making an application or have any questions then please contact Mrs H Wood, HR Manager on 01932 574955 or at firstname.lastname@example.org