NQT Class Teacher (Maternity Cover)
Merrydale Junior Primary School
32.5 hours per week
MPS1 - £25,714
Start date: 23rd August 2021 (fixed term for one academic year)
At Merrydale Junior School, we are looking for a passionate newly qualified teacher to deliver high quality lessons while successfully nurturing and inspiring our children. As part of our energetic and welcoming team, you will enthuse and motivate to strive for success while maintaining a healthy learning environment for all children within the school.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Q.T.S (Qualified Teacher Status).
- A Good Honours Degree (desirable).
- A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
- High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work towards deadlines.
- Experience innovating to deliver the curriculum
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification attached to assist in your application.
WHY CHOOSE US
Merrydale Junior is a 3 form entry Junior School in Leicester City. We aim to provide a safe, caring learning environment for all working together with you as families and the community whilst delivering a broad, balanced and creative curriculum celebrating the diversity of our world. Our school motto is ‘Be the Best You Can Be’ and we strive to embed this attitude in all aspects of our school -adults and children alike.
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Collaborative working within our shared family of schools to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- On-site parking.
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students without limitations.
Closing date for applications: 18th May 2021
Interview Date: Week commencing 27th May 2021
Start Date: 23rd August 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.