NQT/MPS FULL TIME CLASS TEACHER REQUIRED
Required September 2019
The Governors of English Martyrs’ Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint an excellent teacher who is:
- A practising Catholic or someone who is able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the distinctive nature of Catholic education, who is fully committed to promoting and supporting the strong Catholic ethos of our school.
- Enthusiastic and eager to be led by our excellent leadership team
- An excellent practitioner who works hard to maintain high standards in learning in order to ensure outstanding progress for our pupils
- Committed to ensuring that our children have access to an exciting thematic curriculum
- An excellent communicator with strong emotional literacy and a good sense of humour
If you are all of the above and more we can offer a host of very strong training packages which will include:
- Shared planning and preparation time with an experienced year group leader
- Excellent continued professional development opportunities
- The support of our Sursum Corda group of Catholic schools who share training and collaboration.
- Exceptional mentoring/induction by members of the Senior Leadership Team.
We are a two form entry, Catholic multicultural school situated in Sparkhill, Birmingham with a very happy family environment. We have supportive parents and children who are well behaved and enjoy coming to school.
Successful candidates will be expected to complete an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing date: Thursday 31st January 2019 by 5pm
Interviews to be arranged
Please download an application pack from our website. We are happy to accept emailed applications.
Although we understand that visits are difficult to arrange for teachers currently working within schools, we feel that you would benefit in visiting us in order to understand the full ethos of our school. Please arrange a visit to informally meet the Head Teacher, children and staff on: O121 464 3150.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement to this role.
Judged Outstanding in January 2016
Ofsted 2016: “The school is a warm, welcoming and inclusive place, where individuals, both staff and pupils are valued. The school lives out its mission statement of …’enabling pupils to become faithful, conscientious, contributing citizens of the future’.”
English Martyrs' Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all children and we expect our staff and volunteers to share this committment.
An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants. Successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their identity and Right to Work in the UK.
All applications must be submitted using the CES Application Form.
English Martyrs Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.