School: Hugh Sexey C of E Middle School
Location: Blackford, Wedmore, Somerset
Contract Term: Fixed Term till Aug 2021
Salary: Grade 13 (Point 6-11) - £13,200 - £14600 per annum pro rata
Starting Salary: £9033
Hours: Part time - 30hrs per week, Term Time Only
Start Date: January 1st 2021 or sooner
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Numeracy “Catch Up” Teaching Assistant to join our team in supporting students with a range of needs so that they make excellent academic and personal progress.
Candidates will need to demonstrate the following:
• Experience of working with or relating to young people and have a commitment to their education, development, welfare and aspirations
• Ability to plan, deliver and review interventions, including for pupils with social & behavioural needs
• Highly motivated, innovative and committed to achieving outstanding results
• Enthusiastic about Maths and able to share this with others
• Patient in supporting pupils developing a greater understanding and confidence in Maths
• Keen to join a highly collaborative faculty with excellent resources
• Ability to respond to changing priorities in a fast-moving environment
• Good interpersonal, communication and administration skills
The post is an integral part of how the department supports all pupils in the acquisition and development of Maths skills. The successful candidate will be supporting pupils in the classroom under the supervision of the teacher, or working in a withdrawal situation with small groups as directed by the teacher and head of faculty. They will also assist the department with some administration and clerical tasks.
Hugh Sexey Church of England Middle School, part of the Wessex Learning Trust, is situated in the beautiful rural Cheddar Valley in Somerset, drawing our pupils from the surrounding villages. We currently have 610 pupils on roll with both Year 5 & 6 benefiting from a 5 form entry.
Candidates are warmly invited to contact the school and arrange a discussion with the headteacher to explore any details in more depth.
All candidates will need to satisfy the requirements of a Disclosure & Barring Service, health check and proof of their right to work in the UK.
Closing date: Wednesday 2nd December 2020 at 12 noon
Interview date: Thursday 11th or Friday 12th December 2020
If you do not receive an interview invitation by Friday 4th December 2020, please assume that you have not been shortlisted.
Hugh Sexey C of E Middle School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.