Term of Contract:
We are seeking two enthusiastic and committed Level 3 or above trained Early Years Practitioners to join our growing team. One successful candidate will work in our 3-4 year old rooms with the other successful candidate working in our new to be opened 2 year old room.
Required From: January 2020
Closing Date for Applications: Midday Monday 9th December 2019, shortlisted candidates will be informed by the end of the same day
Interview Date: Friday 13th December 2019
Hours: 4 or 5 days a week, which can be further discussed at interview. Times of the working day will be 8.30am to 3pm.
Last year saw the official opening of a brand new enhanced outdoor environment as a result of significant financial input. This term, we opened with a complete overhaul of the nursery area including new decoration, flooring and equipment in all nursery classes.
You should be an excellent team player with an abundance of energy, creativity and enthusiasm. The ability to work independently and be able to show initiative as well as being able to carry out tasks and follow instructions is essential.
Duties will include:
• Act as a key person for a small number of children
• Monitor children's progress as per Early Years Foundation Stage
• Support Early Years Teacher / Room Leader with planning and assessing
• Lead and manage high quality practice
• Provide constructive feedback to parents about their child as directed by the room leader/teacher
• Attend staff training days when required and out-of-hours staff meetings
• Work with your colleagues to ensure smooth running of the nursery at all times
• Experience of working with young children.
• NVQ level 3 or above in Early Years Childcare
• Knowledge of keyworker systems and record keeping
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Excellent numeracy skills
• Excellent communication ability with colleagues, parents and children
• Excellent organisational skills
• Thorough understanding of child protection issues and processes
• Ability to be a good role model to colleagues, motivate them and work with them
• Excellent knowledge of EYFS framework
• Genuine love of the profession and desire to constantly improve
• Ability to use initiative.
• Willing to learn new skills and undertake continuous professional development.
• Experience of similar position in previous employment
• Paediatric First Aid trained
• Food Hygiene certificate
For further details please refer to the attached person spec.