Applications are invited for an Early Years Key Person to join Moreton Hall’s outstanding Nursery, First Steps, which is set in extensive grounds boasting exceptional sporting facilities, large play areas plus its own Forest School site. In recent Independent School Inspections First Steps was judged as ‘Outstanding’ in every area.
A cheerful, resilient and articulate candidate is sought to join our highly qualified team. The successful applicant will care and plan for the individual learning needs and the development of a small group of key children.
Applicants must hold a relevant Level 3 qualification and have experience of working within the Early Years Foundation Stage, particularly 6 months – 2 years. They must also have Grade C or above in GCSE English and Maths.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a sound knowledge of the EYFS
• Observe the children during active play sessions in relation to the EYFS
• Plan activities to enhance the play experiences for individual key children and monitor children’s development across all areas of learning
• Using a range of observations, photographs, examples of children’s work and information from parents, compile a ‘Learning Journey’ book for each key child.
• Maintain a two way flow of information between themselves and parents, keeping parents informed of any issues regarding their child; encouraging parents to play a part in their child’s learning and development.
• Assist with preparation of resources and lesson materials
• Create visually stimulating and interactive classroom displays
• Assist with the pastoral care of children.
First Steps opens from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. Monday - Friday.
This is a full time position offering a competitive salary and five weeks paid holiday plus days in lieu of any Bank Holidays worked. Parking and meals for staff are provided free of charge. Staff may also use facilities such as the swimming pool and gym. Both full time and part time/job shares would be considered.
If you are interested in applying for this role, then please click on the "How to apply" button now.
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY
Moreton Hall Educational Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Moreton Hall School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.