Learning Support Assistant required to work in Nursery
Fixed term from January 2022 – 31st August 2022
Monday to Friday 8.30am – 4.00pm (35 hours)
Bristol Grade 7, Sp.8
We are a nurture-centred infant school based in South Bristol looking to employ a motivated, inspiring and adaptable practitioner to work as part of our Nursery team. The successful candidate will have a sound knowledge of the Early Years Curriculum including recent reforms and the ability to observe, record and progress children’s learning, under the direction of teachers. He or she will join our dedicated and supportive team and will have sufficient relevant experience in order to work within the team with minimal training.
The post is fixed term for the rest of the academic year 2021/22. The hours are 8.30am – 4.00pm Monday to Friday with a 30 minute lunch break.
The successful candidate will share our vision to enable, enrich and empower children and will be:
- a highly experienced EYFS practitioner with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with others
- proactive and able to use their initiative to the benefit of the team and the children
- able to support the needs of all children and extend learning to ensure good progress is made and any differences are diminished
- able to uphold our nurturing ethos and school values
We can offer you
- fantastic, friendly children who have a love for learning
- a proactive, committed and welcoming staff, dedicated to promoting a strong team ethos
- supportive leadership and governors
We are seeking to appoint someone who enacts our school vision ‘Reach for the Stars’ and values:
- Team player
Visits are warmly welcomed or you can contact the school for further information.
Closing date for applications: 9am Thursday 6 Jan, interviews will be held w/c 10 Jan.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, a declaration of non-disqualification by association and two fully supportive references.
St Anne's Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.