An exciting opportunity to establish, lead and develop the provision for our 2-3 year olds and work within our wonderful, nurturing small independent school.
Do you have experience in working within a nursery aged setting, or within a school, supporting learning and planning for nursery provision?
Would you like to lead and develop the provision for 2-3 year olds in our wonderful school and to work alongside our existing Kindergarten setting and team?
Do you have enthusiasm, and energy to work as part of our supportive and friendly team in an inspiring school environment?
Weston Green School is a 2 form entry independent school situated in Thames Ditton, Surrey. Our school is a special place where children grow and thrive to become independent and confident young people, who achieve exceptionally well but also enjoy their experiences immensely and develop a life-long love of learning.
We are seeking to appoint a full time leader for our nursery setting, with a specific focus on provision for 2-3 year olds. This role will require you also to work alongside our existing Kindergarten which takes children from 3+ years. The role will involve planning for provision for 2+ year olds alongside Kindergarten, whilst also taking full responsibility for both Nursery and Kindergarten aged children during the school holidays, managing staff effectively to ensure excellent provision across 48 weeks a year.
Please see the full person specification but we seek someone who :
● Is an enthusiastic and dynamic member of our team
● Has excellent & positive behaviour management skills
● Has the ability to work as part of a team, to show initiative and take the lead.
● Can show a commitment to developing good relationships with; children, staff at the school, parents and outside agencies
● Has high expectations and is friendly, hardworking and supportive and above all flexible
● Has lots of ideas on how to plan, develop and run provision for Nursery aged children.
We can offer:
● A small, friendly two form entry school with a strong pastoral and community ethos
● A supportive, caring and inspiring team
● Children who are fun, exciting and friendly
● Small class sizes
● Excellent development opportunities
The permanent contract will be for 40 hours per week, 8 hours per day on a rota between 8-6pm each day.
Salary £30,000-£32,000 dependent on experience.
Closing date: Thursday 1st October 12.00 noon
Interviews: Thursday 8th October PM
We welcome visits to the school and these are encouraged, whilst also remaining safe at this time. If you would like to find out more or arrange a visit please contact the school office.
Weston Green School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We actively support the Government's Prevent Agenda to counter radicalism and extremism. We have a number of policies and procedures in place that contribute to our safeguarding commitment, including our Child Protection Policy which can be viewed in the Policies section of our website.
Weston Green School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups.