Hours: 18.5 hours per week 52 weeks per annum. The Nursery operates from 8.00am to 6.00pm, involving some shift working. Term time only will also be considered.
Salary: Tier 8 Spot - £8,685.00 (£17,370.00 per annum full time equivalent).
Location: Gravesend campus.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within North Kent College’s Gravesend Nursery provision, Bright Beginnings, in the capacity of a Nursery Nurse.
Specific responsibilities of the Nursery Nurse role include but are not exclusive to:
• To maintain an up to date knowledge of the principles and practice of childcare and first aid.
• To put the children’s welfare first, assisting with keeping records of children’s particulars, including medication, and ensuring that health and safety considerations are paramount in every aspect of the Nursery’s operation.
• To provide appropriate activities to stimulate the children, encouraging all children to join in.
• To assist with the maintenance of financial records with regard to Nursery fees, estimating and ordering consumables (food, toiletries, etc.), maintaining an inventory of all stock and fittings, ordering replacements when necessary within budgets.
• Assist with the serving of meals and general training of children in table manners, hygiene and consideration for others.
• Co-operate in keeping the Nursery clean and hygienic, including the toilet area and the kitchen.
• Have proper regard for the standing of the College in the community and help the College maintain close and effective liaison with outside organisations.
• You will be required to meet College IT standards specific for the role.
• Any other duties as directed by your Manager.
In return, you can look forward to other excellent benefits including 25 days’ annual leave (rising by one day per annum to a maximum of 30 days after five years’ continuous service), pension scheme, life assurance, free parking, onsite nursery, restaurants and a coffee shop. In addition to the above, you will enjoy discounted sports facilities, gym membership and beauty treatments.
For a full job description and to apply, please visit North Kent College’s staff vacancies page.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 15 August 2021.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments are subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check, providing it to the College for review.
North Kent College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.