We are seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and proactive Nursery Practitioner to join our hard working and dedicated team in the school office.
An opportunity has arisen for a Nursery Practitioner to join our team in EYFS. The successful candidate will support the nursery teacher in accessing an engaging curriculum. They will be a talented and professional individual who shares our vision of high aspirations, achievement and a passion for learning. They will be prepared to work hard and respond positively to the challenges of day to day school life and be a strong team player.
About Marden Lodge Primary School
Marden Lodge is a happy, vibrant and forward thinking school, our excellent staff team are committed and dedicated in ensuring that each and every child is nurtured to achieve their personal best. We have high standards and expect the best. As part of the Chalklands Cluster, comprising of four GLF schools within the area, we have a collaborative approach towards working which means the schools work closely together to provide an exceptional educational experience to the local communities. The schools benefit from being able to share resources and support each other where needed. It will also allow for more opportunities for career progression across the cluster and give you the chance to enhance your professional development.
What we are looking for
The successful candidate should:
• Be dynamic, enthusiastic and motivated
• Be able to develop positive relationships
• Be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour and circumstances
• Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
• Be a confident and clear communicator with to the whole school community
• Have GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or above together with a full and relevant Level 3 or above childcare qualification
Why work at Marden Lodge Primary School
• A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community with excellent transport links
• A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
• Part of the GLF Chalklands cluster (including Hillcroft Primary, Warlingham Primary, Marden Lodge Primary and Whyteleafe Primary), encouraging a collaborative approach
• Excellent CPD opportunities
Hours: 35 hours per week, 39 weeks of the year (term time plus 1 week)
Salary: Associate 3 £20,500 - £31,000 FTE
Pro Rata: £17,146
Closing date for applications: 29th January 2021
Interview date: TBA
We usually encourage informal visits and look forward to showing you around our school, however in the current climate we are unable to have visitors. If you would like more information about the role, or a virtual tour of the school, please contact the school office.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.