St Mellons CIW Primary School
Cardiff CF3 5TP
Age Range 3-11
Ref : ED50105010
Start date: 25th April 2022
Full Time, permanent
A rare and exciting opportunity for a committed and passionate Early Years teacher to set up new nursery provision.
St Mellons Church in Wales Primary School, situated in Llanrumney, Cardiff, is an inclusive, caring school that has a strong and supportive learning community within the context of Christian belief and practice. We are very pleased to be opening our 32 part time place nursery provision on this site in September 2022. The successful candidate will have the rare and exciting opportunity to spend time during the Summer term 2022 setting up our nursery environment in a new, purpose built unit on our school site and getting to know the pupils and families of our September intake. The successful candidate will teach the nursery and will also be instrumental in establishing the 48 part time place nursery due to open at the new site on the St Edeyrn’s development by Easter 2023.
The Head Teacher and Governing Body of St Mellons Church in Wales Primary School are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, vibrant and creative early years teacher with a passion for early childhood development and evidence of excellent teaching skills to join the hardworking and dedicated team at this very happy and successful school.
We are looking for an early years teacher who is committed to developing ‘the whole child’ with high expectations of themselves and the children in their care. We want a teacher who is able to deliver consistently high quality learning experiences in which children are supported, challenged and actively engaged to ensure that, ‘we are all learning with God to be the best that we can be’.
The successful candidate will:
• Be enthusiastic, caring and motivated with a passion for Early Years education.
• Have the confidence, drive, enthusiasm and initiative to establish and manage an excellent nursery environment
• Have experience of teaching at a consistently high level with a commitment to high standards
• Have passion, drive and an understanding of ALN to ensure that each individual has the opportunity to flourish and achieve their best
• Be an excellent team player
• Have excellent IT skills
• Be able to commit to extra-curricular activities
• Establish and maintain positive relationships with our parents and carers, members of our Governing Body and the wider community.
• Support the Christian ethos of the school.
We can offer the successful candidate:
• A warm, welcoming and caring school with a very supportive team of staff and governors
• Happy, respectful and enthusiastic pupils who are polite and well-mannered with a strong commitment to caring for others and their own learning.
• A commitment to professional development
Under the Education (Wales) Act 2014, all School Learning Support Workers must be registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC).
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Completed application forms to be returned by email to Mrs. J Marchesi, Headteacher by 12 noon on Wednesday 9th February.
Once shortlisted, lesson observations of the candidates will be arranged and interviews will be held during week beginning 14th February.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.