Churchill Gardens Primary Academy has an exciting opportunity available for a talented Nursery Teacher from September 2022.. You will be teaching alongside talented teachers, subject specialists and a warm and supportive Senior Leadership Team.
WHO WE ARE
Churchill Gardens is a primary school situated at the heart of our local community. We are proud to have been providing a high-quality education for generations of local families over many years. Our aim is that every child leaves as a well-rounded high achiever in the academic subjects, in music and in sport with the skills and
We are part of Future Academies, a Multi-Academy Trust which includes three primary schools and seven secondary schools in and around London and Hertfordshire. We are motivated by a mission of social change and reducing educational inequality. We are unique in our approach to a knowledge-rich curriculum; our school motto is Libertas per cultum (Freedom through education), and in our strong emphasis on raising young people’s aspirations and outcomes through the teaching of classical and traditional subjects. Our children and young people study a bespoke curriculum developed by researchers at our Curriculum Centre, which places a focus on developing their cultural literacy and their awareness of the forces, words and events that have shaped our society today.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You will have the ability to inspire and nurture children and young people, readying them for the world around them by building solid foundations of knowledge. You will be a tireless advocate for education and forward thinking in your approaches to development, change and improvement; we are developing an academic culture where the highest standards are expected of staff and students in line with the Future Academies belief system.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
To deliver lessons in a way that provides a broad, balanced and accessible curriculum for pupils with DLD.
- A strong academic record with a 2:1 degree or above from a leading university.
- Great passion for teaching with high cultural literacy to deliver sophisticated lessons and continue to raise teaching standards.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The ambition and determination we expect from all of our staff to continue striving for excellence.
- The enthusiasm and energy required to work with the children and young people in our schools.
- An unwavering belief in the power of education to change lives, as per our trust’s motto, libertas per cultum (freedom through education). We expect all teachers to share in, and feel empowered by, this concept.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- The chance to make a difference to children’s and young people’s lives. Future Academies is of the belief that all children have the right to enriching education through a knowledge-rich and child-centric approach: our teachers can therefore make a dramatic impact on the lives of these children.
- The Curriculum Centre. We enhance our teachers’ lessons and their teaching experience through the development of our own curriculum programmes and resources in our prestigious Curriculum Centre, leaving our teachers to focus on what really matters; the students.
- Fast career progression. Because knowledge and intelligence, rather than length of service, are lauded and rewarded at Future Academies, teachers and support staff can quickly take up great responsibility, adding to their already exceptional experience and knowledge, joining the SLT or writing for the Trust’s Curriculum Centre, where our in-house textbooks are produced.
- Excellent CPD. The Trust is knowledge-centric and encourages CPD at all levels with excellent opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust. This includes Leadership Development opportunities.
- Knowledge-rich staff team. You will be working with a supportive leadership team, cohesive staff body, and very purposeful environment with excellent resources. Being part of a Trust of schools enables you to share knowledge across a wider range of educational professionals.
Churchill Gardens Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. To this end both an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and a Barred List check are required for this role. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.